NoCodeAPI + Fetch ❤️

Limitless…
For example, change to true when we have all the information we need to create a calendar event. Then, Make will send us back whatever info we need on this event, such as it’s ID, URL link to it, etc.
Same idea with anything else. We want to Make scenario to run only when we’re ready. It’s true that the webhook will fire every time we update/refresh the app on Glide (“go” parameter being false). I still don’t know how to avoid or throttle this.

See, this is where I’m getting confused. It’s like I’m asking you what the time is, and you’re replying with “roast potatoes” :stuck_out_tongue:

Let me try and pose the question in a different way. The way I see it, if you have a column that can either be true or false, there are only two things that could cause the value to toggle between the two states. Either:

• a user changes a value somewhere, or
  • time passes

So is it either (or both) of those, or something else that hasn’t occurred to me?

My thinking was to based true/false on an ITE column.

I agree with this. I still don’t get the overall point of this approach, will need to get a better context to potentially propose a different solution

Okay, but if-then-else what?

What has to change for the if-then-else to change?
Again, it should boil down to one of two things: a user does something, or time passes, or both.
So which?

There is a reason I won’t let go of this, and I’ll explain once I manage to get an answer :slight_smile:

If you insist, I guess it’s this option.
ITE will check that all parameters are there for this scenario to run as planned. Yes, it does mean that a user changed (many) things but these things might not be directly connected to this ITE (i.e. another ITE down the line).

I’ll try to elaborate with an example:
A custom form is used to schedule a meeting. Among many other questions, we ask the user if the meeting will be on Zoom. If it is on Zoon, I’d like to present to them the Zoom links (Host and Join) directly on that form. Sure, we can send them this information later on, after they submit the form. The approach I’m talking about here is meant to provide the user with maximum insight while still filling in the form.

Finally.

Okay, so it’s based on user interaction. That’s what I needed to know.

Now my next question is - why have you decided that this somewhat unconventional approach is going to be better than the usual approach of using a Trigger Webhook action, and then writing the result back to Glide via the API?

Here’s one example:

This will happen without asking the user to do anything (click a button, action text, etc.). The data will appear on the screen once it is available.

Okay, fair enough. Well, I’ll be interested to hear how it works out.

Speaking of Fetch:
I find it that sometimes it doesn’t return a result, even when the URL does return a result upon simply following it.
I cannot share an example here as this mainly happens (or so I think) when there’s an API key involved. Open API seem to work flawlessly.
Has anyone faced this?

Likely a CORS issue.

Found this nice test tool for CORS. Does it seem reliable?

Hola de nuevo!

If your problem is caused by a CORS issue, you could avoid it using a CORS proxy like this (what Thinh wrote above):

Saludos!

1 Like

Yeah, when a link that can be fetched by accessing it in the browser but doesn’t return anything in Glide, I think CORS is the most likely cause.

Aren’t these proxies super vulnerable?
Seems that they can create a huge security issue.

If that is a big concern for you, then the creator (Rob) did write about hosting your own version and having security limits for it.

2 Likes

Here’s a straightforward how-to to deploy your own version on Heroku.

Thanks. this is great. However, this is still relaying information to a 3rd party, Heroku. Any ideas of a safer workaround for somewhat sensitive data?
Not state secrets, but still data I’d prefer to secure.

No, I don’t have any other ideas.