New Row in Spreadsheet for Every User

@Jeff_Hager I finally discovered my big bug!!

Let me finish some homeworks I have and come with my fuc… reset button and explanation of my failures

Thanks for your time!

Feliz fin de semana

2 Likes

Hi again friends,

Here I modified my demo APP and included a Reset switch to clear the input values at the same time via script

You will see some lag to clear values but it is caused by Google Sheet’s script and/or your internet speed.

I hope it can be useful to anyone.

Saludos
Gavp

2 Likes

:grinning: Fantastic!!! Send me a copy of the onChange code if you would. You can drop it in my email if not here. Let me know.

Tx

The script is in sheet @Wiz.Wazeer … I think anyone can see/copy when the App is copied as template … or not? :lying_face:

Let me know if this doesn’t happen to paste it here

Saludos

:nerd_face:oops. Let me download and get back to you bro.

Tx

Okay got it. But for some weird reason not firing. Been at 5 minutes almost. Shouldn’t take that long. Also without access to your email no chance of viewing script. You’ve my email. Send me a screenshot if you could pls. Tx

I think you would have to reset the trigger under your own email account. You need to authorize the trigger to your own google account for it to work.

Jeff I still can’t get his switch to work; not his script, which I have yet to see. His button just freezes on me. I think Gvalero is working on it. Have you tested his reset function? Is it working on your side of the Atlantic ?

Here my code @Wiz.Wazeer

function ResetOnChange(e)
{
 var spreadsheet = SpreadsheetApp.getActive();
 var Row= spreadsheet.getCurrentCell().getRow();
 var Colum= spreadsheet.getCurrentCell().getColumn();
 var CellButtom= spreadsheet.getRange('E'+Row).getValue();

//   SpreadsheetApp.getActiveSpreadsheet().toast(e.changeType) 
 if (e.changeType === 'EDIT' && Colum ==5 && CellButtom == true) 
 {
   spreadsheet.setActiveSheet(spreadsheet.getSheetByName('Calculos'), true);  
   //  Browser.msgBox("La celda que cambio fue... " + 'E'+Row + " ... valor: "+ CellButtom);  

var RangeToDel= "C"+ Row + ":" + "D" + Row
   spreadsheet.getRange('E'+Row).setValue(false);
   //  Browser.msgBox("Rango a Borrar: " + RangeToDel); 
   spreadsheet.getRange(RangeToDel).activate();
   spreadsheet.getActiveRangeList().clear({contentsOnly: true, skipFilteredRows: true}); 
 }
}

As Jeef wrote above, you will need to authorize the trigger to your own google account to fire this script. At the 1st time, Google will ask your authorization for running this.

Saludos

2 Likes

Tx bro. Just saved me hours trying to sort it. But, for some weird reason I can’t get the reset button on your calc to fire. I have to remove the numbers manually. Pls have a look at your end again.

I’ll test it too with your code. See if we can get yours to work (the documented version), I will not need to resort to tricks.

Tx

Our User Profiles feature is released now. Video coming in a week or two.

5 Likes

Yeah man

I’m not seeing the template, just the app. So I’m not clear as to how you make the reset work without a script.