🧮 New Math functions

that one I did!! hahah

2 Likes

Since we’re adding new Math functions, any chance we can get Left(), Right() and Rank() formulas too?! Not sure if left/right are really “Math”, but would be super handy!

2 Likes

We need “formulas” for Text like LEFT, RIGHT, SUBSTRING, etc…

1 Like

What are you using LEFT, RIGHT, SUBSTRING for?

Amazing, now waiting for conditional maths expressions, using IF conditions.

I’m not using substring (though maybe I should?). Left() and Right() I use often with Find() to create strings from parts of strings (robert.petitto@email.com -> robert.petitto). Sometimes I’ll grab just the first letter of a Last Name to create a user name (Robert P.).

Really, though, more than Left() and Right(), I’d love the ENCODEURL() function to percent encode a string or if there was someway to get the Base64 version of a string/URL as well that would be amazing.

3 Likes

For example to get the first letter of the user name and create a directory grouped by letter.
For an 8 letter code if you need the positions between 4 and 7, SUBSTRING would be very helpful.

1 Like

Hey @JackVaughan did this happen yet? Cheers.

1 Like

My algebra classes were so long ago that those brain cells seem to be in a dormant state ATM…

2 Likes

It just happened.

7 Likes

So,

=CEILING(now(),“00:30”)

or

=CEILING(x,“00:30”) Where x is a GE datetime math column

What is the proper way to structure this? Two separate columns?

1 Like

hey @JackVaughan - is there anything unique about the DOB column in the make me younger example, or just a standard datetime column? I get an argument error when I try to replicate.

younger

1 Like

That looks ok to me. Not sure.

Yes - DOB is just a date/time column formatted with only year.

3 Likes

You’re missing a parenthesis after DOB.

2 Likes

🤦🏼

3 Likes

Happens to the best of us sometimes.

4 Likes

I did WHAT? :slight_smile:
Reversing / transposing / omitting things is a regular thing.
Thanks Jeff, and sorry about that @JackVaughan.

4 Likes

It should just know what we meant, right? :wink:

4 Likes

I didn’t see it either! :wink:

3 Likes

For ROUND, is there a way to round to closest integer? (just like MROUND on Google sheets)
i.e I want to round to the closest 500. so 1512 would become 1500 and 1768 would become 2000?