🔥 New, Faster Data Editor

Yes, later today.

2 Likes

Thanks @Mark

1 Like

Hey,Mark! Has the Row ID bug been fixed already?

1 Like

I think so from what I can see :muscle:

2 Likes

I just used it and it worked for me too :smiley_cat:

2 Likes

OK! Thanks. I will try!!

1 Like

Ok good
But for the other bugs ???

:joy:

I think I may have another bug regarding relations… (or maybe I am missing something)

I’m working through the Conference App demo.

When I create the relation from the Speakers to the Talks, it is showing the talk description rather than the Talk Titles.

ie. This

instead of this:

I verified this is the case in the template I copied.

Is the description column the first column, or is that the next one to the talk titles?

Regardless of what it’s showing, a relation still links to the entire row. Not an individual column. A lookup can pull a specific column out of that relation. Is the relation not working correctly, or is it just showing a column value you didn’t expect?

The relation seems to be working in the app itself, but it is not displaying “as expected” in the data editor.

For reference on “as expected” see, https://youtu.be/Drpjh2CJSpA?t=945

1 Like

Ok, I haven’t been in Glide for a few weeks, so I haven’t had a chance to play with the updates, but I wonder if glide is now attempting to show the column you are relating to instead of defaulting to always show the first column, like it used to. I think I remember reading another post where it was offset on showing the correct column. Maybe still a bug, or maybe someone else can confirm. Usually I don’t pay much attention to what a relation column is showing. Only that it’s working and linking to the correct rows.

4 Likes

The other day someone else reported it shows the next column (in relation to the position of the column used for the relation). Maybe it’s a bug.

For your information @darren, it used to be the first column regardless of what column you want to relate to. The thing they show in the editor is just to let you know that they found something to report back.

2 Likes

One question: why does user-specific columns arent blue anyomore?

3 Likes

Yep noticed that too…also can’t drag columns past the edge of the screen to rearrange.

2 Likes

I must use the left/right arrow on the keyboard to move it past the screen limit.

1 Like

Will the ability to see full column name on hover be restored? Seems editing a column is the only way to see longer names. Not ideal given how easy it is to inadvertently delete.

5 Likes

Agreed. And we also lost the ability to doubleclick a cell to expand it / see full value.

5 Likes