🆕 🔥 A new way to see and work with Relations in GDE 🔥

This is very new, I just discovered it and try to smile and not cry while I work with this new improvement.

Now we can see better and analys any relation in GDE pressing any record on that column :kissing:

Even, we can modify/edit the values associated to those columns found by relation directly :upside_down_face:

Great work Glide, congrats!

Saludos

19 Likes

Non-tech, non-programmer here…what is GDE?
Thanks.

Glide Data Editor. The part in the builder where you can see and work with the data.

Ah! Thank you!

2 Likes

@Darren_Murphy showed me this feature this morning. It’s brilliant! Nice add @jason and team!

1 Like

and of course I missed a dark mode issue :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I will volunteer to be your dark mode tester/breaker :grin:

The recent updates to the GDE (grouping and relations) are excellent @Jason and continue to make it so simple to just “throw your data around”. It’s a real differential for Glide. But I have to ask, with all this GDE goodness, is nobody frustrated that they can’t just add a column “here” rather than at the end? Particularly now that column order is important in terms of the grouping. What do you think? Quick fix :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:? For Christmas?

6 Likes

Actually, if you’re already using column grouping, then it’s easy.
Let’s say you have a group called “personal” and you want to add an extra column to that group.
All you need to do is filter the columns by your group name, and then add your column.
It will be tagged to the end of that group, and from there it’s easy to further adjust it’s position if you need to.

One of the little quirks of the new collapse/expand feature is if all your similarly named columns aren’t together, then you’ll see multiple instances of your group name when you collapse it.

I made a short video showing how to work around this yesterday…

6 Likes

Ya, we’ve been asking for this for a while:

Glide Table: add a column where you want it

3 Likes

Yeah. I see that. But when you’re doing this LOTS it just kinda “breaks the flow” for me. It just seems like a relatively straightforward tweak that would result in a big benefit in terms of usage.

1 Like

yeah, agreed.

I must admit, I’m still trying to figure out the best way to work with this. I like it, but I still find myself going back to my old ways - which is to almost permanently work with the GDE in a filtered column state.

1 Like

Yeah. It’s so close to perfect. For me the grouping is amazing because I’ve been using the “/” separator for a long time AND (probably because I’m too fussy) always putting my columns in the correct order (which has involved a lot a dragging / filtering). So when @Jason introduced this new grouping all of my data was grouped perfectly (in single groups) immediately. But I still have to filter and / or drag to get it that way. If he’d only open up the source code then I could probably knock it up myself in a couple of mins … :grimacing:

1 Like

Knock yourself out :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Oh … er … well … actually a bit busy today … and for sometime :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

7 Likes

Fine, I’ll try to add this tomorrow

12 Likes

I hear you, I have a 1300+ column table and am also a stickler for having them in perfect order. The majority of them are computed columns, (created in the GDE), so my life has been rough the last few weeks :laughing:

2 Likes

Thanks @Jason for listening to the people!

1 Like

Blimey. That was easy :joy:. Thanks so much!