New Data Pad

Many of you spotted this through David’s recent announcement on Twitter.

We now have a new ‘Data Tab’ within the Layout area of Glide. This lets you edit the data of the current details screen, change column types and add new columns – all without visiting the data editor :exploding_head:.

Glide’s UI is growing now, so I’ve added a new section to the docs that explains it step by step. Let me know if you think I’ve missed something.

https://docs.glideapps.com/all/reference/glide-ui

19 Likes

I’ve already use this UI feature several times over this past week. So convenient!

3 Likes

Wonder if heading title “Actions (coming soon)” gives the impression that Actions is not currently in production? I read the intent as, ‘UI changes to Actions coming soon’.

2 Likes

Yea, I thought about this. I’m trying to introduce the high-level patterns of Glide. It’s not true to say that Actions is one of these yet - but it will be soon.

I think you’re right though - have changed.

I was just thinking of a first-time reader with little prior knowledge and having to figure out if Actions is in production or soon to be in production. I often feel like a first-time reader (even if I’ve read it before) so easy for me to feign ‘little prior knowledge’. (smile).

3 Likes

1 Like

:roll_eyes:… thanks!

… I had a stutter when I wrote this.

4 Likes

:heart_eyes:

4 Likes

@JackVaughan How did you get the map image to display as the photo on the profile and task card?

Title component also has this option. Sorry - we could document this better!

1 Like

Thanks so much!