šŸ†• New containing screen context for conditions

Hereā€™s what I think should work:

1. Use Joined List to combine all the hours that you want to check against in a single string.
  2. Use ā€œcontainsā€ to check whether a particular appointment hour is part of that string.
4 Likes

Unfortunately, this didnā€™t work. It doesnā€™t check if the hour is part of the string (ā€œinā€ operator), instead, it checks if the hour contains (or not) the whole string.

E.g.: Filter to show only hours that doesnā€™t contain ā€œ12:00, 13:00, 14:00ā€, this means all of them, in other words, no filter is applied.

Why doesnā€™t

All Hours contains This Hour

work?

The problem is that the ā€œchosen hoursā€ list is not on the same sheet as the choice options and I have different lists of ā€œchosen hoursā€ based on stores.

A store can have multiple appointments, and Iā€™m making an appointment on a store. I have to filter the choice options based on the already taken hours.

Iā€™m using the screen context to get the list of appointments that are already taken for that store, and the problem is that on the left field of the filter it only shows me the ā€œchoices sheetā€ fields, therefore, all hours fields.

My structure for that basically is:
A sheet with all the hours possible (Where I get the choice component data)
and
A sheet with all the appointments made for stores.

Ah, got it! Iā€™ll see what I can do.

2 Likes

Iā€™m loving this feature. Itā€™s real value so far for me has been its ability to narrow down to the T the value required from a long list of choices. My users no longer need to select their item from a drop down choice list. Somehow it knows what the choice was. Iā€™ve applied this to two of my templates already. Itā€™s brilliant for the end user to see what they had selected on another tab already filled out for them on the next tab. Iā€™m going to be brutally honest, I still have not fully grasped the mechanics of it and feel like Iā€™m just firing the right shots in the dark. How Iā€™m getting it to work, Iā€™m trying to understand. But now I can have a list of 30 items on a choice component and not require the user to select theirs from that long list. Iā€™ve noticed itā€™s more effective with an if then combined with choice. When I have fully understood how this is all working, Iā€™ll get back.

1 Like

Iā€™d really like to see this work for forms soon. My use case: a user can select multiple positions in the Organization but should not be able to select one that is already assigned to them. So there is an ā€œadd a position formā€ that would be great if the position choice field in the form could be filtered to not contain User --> Position. This would mean the choice only includes options not already selected by the user.

1 Like

Hang on! @ Let me quickly test something. I think this already possible. The form you are asking them to complete contains the list ? You just donā€™t want positions already applied for by a user to appear on that list ?

Correct! Iā€™ve tried using the new method but it doesnā€™t work in forms.

1 Like

Okay Iā€™m testing it. Iā€™ve been firing shots in the dark and hitting the target too :joy:

Let me just check. Tx

@kyleheney Trur :rocket: doesnā€™t work and only works when I create a relation. If this will serve your purpose you can make a copy unless you already have this working for you.

Thanks for trying! I was hoping to use the new simpler method in forms, so hopefully it gets pushed through to forms soon!

1 Like

This looks to be working more than it has been in the past. Itā€™s still not 100% functional for dates/times though.

This seems to be part of the ā€œis Included inā€ conditions that were recently added.

See screenshots of a FORM:

Dept 2 choices after selecting Dept1 in the first choice component (Dept 1 is no longer a choice)

Filter conditions for 2nd choice component (where the ā€œDept 1ā€ is Screen --> Dept 1):

Still an issue ā€” Dates and Times! When I try to perform similar filtering with times, I donā€™t get the Screen condition as an option:

If the fields are not Date fields, I do get the Screen condition as a filterable option. If I change the type of my column to a Text field, I am able to filter out the previously selected option (like the first few screenshots above) by using the ā€œIs not included inā€ filter, but doing that removes the ā€œon or afterā€ and other date-related filtering conditions.

@Mark do you know if this is a bug, or by design? Iā€™m just curious because having it work for Date/Time fields would be very helpful if itā€™s possible.

Seems like a bug. Iā€™ll look into it, thank you!

2 Likes