🆕 New containing screen context for conditions

Yep. (Currently) Last tab in the navigation

1 Like

Doesn’t work in a form either:
Screen Shot 2020-07-12 at 1.48.28 PM

1 Like

@Robert_Petitto Could you please share this app so I can take a look at it?

It’s my experiments app:

experiments.glideapp.io or https://go.glideapps.com/app/WySsAPQ8TbrW4TAJDWyL

Last tab—Filtered List

1 Like

I’ve been waiting for this!
Thank you so much for the update!

Dependent drop-down lists are on it’s way: https://7eykr.glideapp.io/

Update: no matter what I select in list1, list2 is the same.

I’m using “Screen” option.

You’re trying to have something like this?

Not exactly. I’d like to create 4 levels and more dependent lists. My sample has 2 of them. The case is to create a single form that will remember all selected values. Your provided sample won’t remember the first list and other selected fields when user selects N-th list.

Sorry but It doesn´t works on a form.

1 Like

We’ll look into it.

3 Likes

@Mark @Max_Makhrov I have the same issue: No matter which Filter I select, the items displayed don’t change

E.g.
If Category 1 is selected, app displays items labelled Category 1
If Category 2 selected, app still displays items labelled Category 1

1 Like

In a form or on a screen? If on a screen, I had to use a user specific column as a go-between. Couldn’t do that with a form, though, because forms can’t write to a user-specific column.

It is on a screen

If only displaying items, shouldn’t the conditional filtering still work without using user specific columns?

Is it on a user profile like screen where every user gets their own choice component row?

It is the Home Screen of the app with Four Categories as cards/tiles.

The intent is for the user to tap the Category they would like which then links to a screen view with the relevant filter applied.

I’m trying different iteration using Cards/Tiles/Inline lists but the filtering seems static,i.e I see the same options regardless of the category selected

Is there a choice component along with the tiles? Can you send a screenshot?

Worked it out with the help of someone from the Glide team using relations instead of the conditional filter.

But it was still not working after the switch. Oddly enough, when I copied and pasted the values from the choice component to the item catalogue, it finally worked.

I couldn’t see any typo that could be causing the issue but it now works

Cannot be done via a form. Dependent lists feature is possible with this scheme:

1. Create screen 1 for user select. Screen1 should have one enrty done to let things happen
  2. Create dependent lists there
  3. Create a form button that shows when a user did the last choice
  4. Use prefilled fields inside a form. The form should link a separate sheet to collect results.

Nice that is works in a such way! Thank you Glide and experts!

Note: list in screen1 could be user-specific to show the last selected item for each user. Nice bonus!

I’ve updated my sample to show how it’s possible:

Any chance there’s been an update on this working for forms??

2 Likes

Wow was just looking for this post so I could ask the same question! It would be suuuuper helpful.

3 Likes

@Lisa What in particular is not/should work for forms?