Multiple relationship

Dear Community:

I would like to resolve the following case:

My app has Reports.

These [REPORTS] are composed of, among many other attributes (Columns) of an Asset collection [ASSETS A], which are unique to this report, but could be reused in another report.

These [ASSETS A], in turn, have a collection of other types of assets [ASSETS B], which could also belong to others [ASSETS A].

So far, I can relate them without problem, but I do not know how to reuse them, in both cases, that is, how can the [ASSETS A] N° 1, for example, which belongs to [REPORT] N° 1, also belong to [REPORT] N° 2 ?, likewise, the [ASSETS B] N° 1, which belongs to [ASSETS A] N° 1, could also belong to [ASSETS A] N° 2 (or 3,4,5, … etc) ?.

Reports have an ID, so the [ASSETS A] table has the REPORT ID column and they are related. The report can then have a multiple relationship with many [ASSETS A].

Same case for [ASSETS A] and [ASSETS B]

But I need to reuse [ASSETS B] in other [ASSETS A] and also the [ASSETS A] in other [REPORTS].

I am sure that it is a typical case and that it will be understood.

I hope you can help me.

I think you should do it in reverse.

Reports table contain a comma-delimited list of assets A they are related to.

Assets A have a comma-delimited list of assets B they are related to.

Then you can use a split text column and a relation column to show:

• Assets A that are related to reports, in the reports details view
  • Assets B that are related to assets A, in the assets A details view

Next, you can do a reverse relation, so for example in Assets A table, relate the ID back to the split text column value in reports, to show all reports an asset A is related to. Same concept for asset B.

2 Likes

Hello

Thank you very much for your answer.

Indeed that is the case, and that same solution was implemented in another of my apps for users.

But I must write it in the table myself every time.

How can I create this comma-separated list automatically, without having to type it every time in the table?. To make the user experience good

Use a Choice component with multiple select enabled.

1 Like

Exactly Darren, but the choice form component allows me to do that ? How is it configured?

Yes, it does.

From what I’ve read, you want a comma separated list of Assets (or Asset IDs), yes?
What you would do is make your Asset table the source of the choice component, filter it as necessary, enable multiple select, and target it at the column where you need the list.

That solves my dilemma !! Thank you very much Darren and ThinhDinh

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.