More relevant autocomplete address results

I am implementing an address autocomplete using a similar approach to Bob’s hybrid form in the link below.

It all works well, but I am finding the results often lean towards the USA. If I am specific enough with the address then it works fine, but for cases where we are searching a place, it nearly always returns somewhere in the USA, instead of Western Australia where we are based.

I’m guessing this is to do with the “Near” portion of the API on Glide’s end. If this is the case, I would love for this to be customisable in the Radar integration settings or on the action/column. Documentation - API Reference | Radar

Does anyone have advice on how I can retrieve more relevant results, or insight into how the integration might be working?

The Google Maps integration seems to be returning better results. Will use this instead :slight_smile:

1 Like

Referring to the address autocomplete magic as shown by @Robert_Petitto, is that still the best way to go about it with all the new features, e.g. integrations? As far as I can tell, there’s no way to do this using any of the new integrations.

Ya. From what I’ve seen, the integrations only return a single address…so if you want a list of addresses to pick from, you’ll need to call the API using the Call API column (only available for Business users now).

1 Like

Awesome. I have set up Geoapify with the Call API column, extracted the JSON using a combo of QueryJSON, Joined List, Split Text and Template columns in my helper table.

Also, in the Call API column I was able to add query parameters for the Geoapify API for “filter” and “bias” so that:

• Addresses returned are filtered to only include those from Australia
  • Results are biased (sorted) based on proximity to our local area

The filter/bias parameters would be handy in the Google Maps and Radar integrations when completing partial addresses.

3 Likes

Nice!
I need something very similar for an App I’m working on now. Will definitely take a look at Geoapify.

2 Likes

This is the gist of the UI, where step 1 is a custom form on a helper table and step 2 is a form container. Behind the scenes, the flow is very similar to what Bob does.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.