Make add, edit, delete conditional

Make add, edit, delete conditionally visible based on a specific email address stored on a sheet.

7 Likes

That is an interesting idea. This way you could set it so only the user who created the row of data be able to change it. I like it!

2 Likes

Yeah just came to me all of a sudden. Seems simple idea which could bring lots of potential

3 Likes

Or based on a user list in a spreadsheet, using a true / false filter for visible or not, depending on access level

2 Likes

Like it

Suggestion

4 Likes

Ohh like it, very flash doing mockups, brings it to life. In my tiny mind I can’t see this being too difficult to implement but what do I know :slight_smile:

One vital function is that the user can only edit, update and delete their own entries, this is probably obvious but thought worth mentioning :slight_smile:

any response from the Glide team regarding this?

This is a key feature and would save a lot of work, avoiding the need to have two separate sheets for the same data in order to achieve this.

2 Likes

Seconded. This would be really key

Oh god lol you guys just announced this feature! Amazing

3 Likes

Not add though, only edit, delete?

I’m guessing Add will come with more robust admin and profile functionality. You can’t set per user on add since a row doesn’t exist yet. They have hinted that something is coming.

1 Like