Looking for ideas - how to solve 'create new card' button in a Swipe app

I personally have never ran into any weird issues. I have an app that’s almost entirely driven off of one sheet (which is actually the user profile sheet). Different views are controlled by different visibility conditions controlled by user specific columns. In that app I have a custom form. To get to that form I have a floating button with a compound action. The first action just presets some default values in that same sheet. The next action is a ‘Link to Screen’ ‘This Item’ action. So the next screen it takes me to is still on the same user profile record.

Once I’m on the next screen, all entry components fill user specific columns in the user profile sheet. Since I’m already attached to that row, I don’t have to do anything through a relation. Also, I really don’t have to use user specific columns in this situation because each user profile row is unique to each user, but I just use them because it’s easier to identify the temporary columns by the blue icon in the data editor.

Finally I have another floating button with a compound action that takes all those filled user specific columns, writes them to another sheet via the Add Row action, then I use a Set Column action to clear those user specific columns, and finally Go Back to the previous screen.

So far it’s worked fine for me. The only time I’ve experimented with setting a column value through a relation is in my ‘Advanced Multiple Row Reset Concept’ app. When adding a task in that app, I add a row, and then set a couple of column values through a relation. One column value is cleared and the other has a timestamp set. Both of those columns are user specific columns. From what I can tell, I haven’t had any problem there either.

You can find the advance app here:

This is the action when adding a new task.

Unrelated, but the only reason I clear a user specific column, in this case, is because I found a bug where an action on an inline list executed when a new row is added. The clear is just there to clear the value that was set when the inline list action was fired from the add row.

4 Likes