Linking a search result back to a profile

I just did a quick mockup of your scenario (as I understand it) and it works fine for me. Obviously I’m missing something in your setup. To save a bit of time, any chance you can allow me to copy your app and take a look?

1 Like

Yes. How do I do that?

That can take a bit of getting used to. You just need to remember to position the cursor in the right spot before you insert the image.

1 Like

You can send me a private message with the link if you don’t want it public.

I keep hitting it, but no link shows up anywhere.

When I select paste, it’s just the web capture.

Have you published the app yet?

Yes. Would the url help? its globaltutors.app

This column is a single relation to your Profile sheet, yes?

Use that in your Link to Screen action.
That will take you to a default details layout on the correct user row.
Then you’ll just need to adjust that layout as necessary.

1 Like

I tried making that yesterday, to solve another problem. But we didn’t end up using it, so it’s not actually being used for anything. I can just edit it to do what you’re saying, right?

It IS a single relation to my Profile sheet. Thank you, I’ll try that. Thank you so much for all your help.

I’m sorry but I’ve got a column in my Tutors sheet called Name Relation, but it doesn’t show up as an option. Could it be a bug, or something? Should I just wait and try again tomorrow?

You should be looking in the Data field, not the Title field, and you should see it at the top of the select list.

The Title field is just what will be used as the tab header in the screen you link to.

2 Likes