Limitations to the Airtable integration - prove me wrong 😒

There are some limitations I want to point out about the Airtable integration.

Imagine one Project can have many tasks. On the detail screen for a specific Project you display its tasks in a List component… That list component has a “+” symbol that should allow your user to add a Task to the list. However, you will find that the “+” symbol opens a generic “Add Task” form that still requires you to specify which Project you want that new Task to be linked to, which exposes all of your Projects to the User. It doesn’t prefill and hide that field with the Project from which you came. If anyone can prove me wrong i would love to hear it. To solve this you have to link out to an external form from the Glide app. I use Fillout for this.

Another example is when trying to add a Single/Multiple Select field to your form or detail screen. The set of available options in the Select field are not tied to the options you created in Airtable, out of the box. To get the desired options to display you have to rig up a single-field table in Glide and point the source of that Select field to that new table. Which also means that if you change the available options in Airtable you will have to manually change them in the single-field Glide table or the Select field will be missing options.

It seems to me that the Airtable integration is just an add-on, and the dev pipeline is not focused on it (which is fine, I understand). Are there any experts in the Glide community with extensive experience integrating with Airtable? If so, I would like to pay for a few hours of your time. Thanks!

It can if you use the appropriate Column Value component instead of a choice component.