Limit Access to Emails in User Profiles

Does anyone know exactly what this means?

It means that only users, whoā€™s emails are in a user profile sheet, will be the ones who have access to sign into the app. If a user attempts to sign in and their email is not in the user profile sheet, then they will be denied access.

1 Like

Ok, but how is that different from the ā€œLimit access to Emails in Sheetā€ option?

I not 100% sure. I donā€™t think itā€™s much different. One is a user profile sheet and one is any other sheet. You could probably choose to use ā€˜Emails in Sheetā€™ and still choose the user profile sheet. Iā€™ve also thought itā€™s kind of weird to have both options.

2 Likes

Users sheet is a sheet with users who sign in before, another sheet is any emailsā€¦ just to keep the list more specific

Another aspect of this may be that the ā€œLimit Access to Emails in Sheetā€ option will search for any email addresses in any/multiple columns in the sheet, so if you have a flow that allows a user to enter other outside email addresses into that sheet for some reason, it may be inadvertently granting access to outside users that should not have access. Whereas ā€œLimit Access to Emails in User Profileā€ would be restricted to only those email addresses that are in the specified user profile email column. But thatā€™s just a theory that I have. Itā€™s not something Iā€™ve tried myself and I canā€™t find any solid documentation that says for sure.