Let each user mark his favourite items from menu

Menu sheet:

I’ve got the actions and everything, but that single value is always clear. The user cant press the item, and its always true. Any ideas please?

Thank you very much

EDIT:

How is that value firstly generated for each user???

I mean I could use ROW ID of my users sheet, but there isnt one !!! What can I do?

You need an action on a button. That was part of the link I shared in a previous post.

https://docs.glideapps.com/all/reference/values/special-values/unique-identifier

There are special value columns that let you write the date, or user email, or a unique id to a column. It should all be in my example app if you copied it.

1 Like

Okay but I have a problem here too.

Ive got another sheet for this tab. It has to be the “Store” sheet, so I see only its values. I want to see the Users values.

If it makes more sense to use your Store sheet with a user specific column, then go ahead and use that sheet instead and point your single value column to that column in the store sheet. If you still want to use the user sheet, then you will need to add a few more steps. You will need a template column that gets the signed in user’s email address from the user profile sheet. Then you will need a single relation from the store sheet to the user profile sheet. Then you would set the column value through that single relation.

But, don’t overthink it and think it has to be set up a certain way. You just need to understand the concept. It’s a unique value that remains unique for each user and is set in one sheet and pulled into another sheet through a single value column. Put the button wherever it makes the most sense and have it fill a value in whatever sheet the button has access to. The single value column can return a value from any sheet. Do what makes sense for your app flow.

2 Likes

mr @Jeff_Hager Ive understood the concept and I did it. Thank you very much!

1 Like

Glad to hear! Good luck with the rest of your app!