Label for each image in an array

Hey all, I’m trying to get multiple images to appear in a row like you would with a collection in grid formation. The problem is that the images all come from the same row (the user row) so there is no way to add them as a collection. I have used the Make Array column to combine the images into a single column. When I add that as an image component, how do I get the image’s text label to show with each image so the user can see the name of the image as they scroll through?

Where do the labels come from? Are they in some other column somewhere?

They are pulled in from another table - I should be adding the list from that table as a collection and then relating the user to that table?

hehe, dunno :man_shrugging:
Not enough information, I think.
Seems odd to me that you’d have the images in columns in one table, and the associated labels in rows in another table. I think I need more of the bigger picture, but on face value it sounds like you could probably organise these images and labels a bit better.

1 Like

just trying something, be back soon…

right, so that didn’t work :neutral_face:

More explanation of what I’m trying to do:
Users earn badges for various achievements. I have various columns that confirm whether these achievements have been reached, e.g. if they finish all the objectives, they get a badge, if they finish within a set time, they earn a badge. There is also a random badge where a dice is rolled as they submit their answer. If the dice hits 40, they earn a ‘rare’ badge. All that seems to work (albeit in the janky way I have built it), but I am stuck on how to make these badges viewable on their profile page. Actually, I have managed to do that as well, just can’t figure out how to get the badge labels to show

I think you should be setting the badge ID or Label in your user table. Then create your array with those IDs/Labels. Then create a relation using that array to the badges table. Then you can show a collection from the relation with your badge image and label.

1 Like

re-read this - the images and their labels are in the same table

Ok thank you, that makes sense. As a side point, I wish there was a way to label or tag images

1 Like

There is, if you’re willing to invest a little time and learn how to use Cloudinary :wink:

3 Likes

That looks pretty cool, I’ll have to take a closer look :+1:t2:

Ya, this is the only way to do this until Glide comes out with a native way of allowing us to overlay a caption.

3 Likes

surely this is coming at some stage, it was possible with classic apps

Was it? There was a “caption” feature with classic apps, but it didn’t dynamically change when the image was swiped.

1 Like

Oh, didn’t realise that