We’re aware that many of you host, run or are a part of some awesome Glide communities, whether it’s a Facebook or WhatsApp group, LinkedIn Page and so on. Whether you run a community or would like to kickstart a new one, we’d love to support and amplify your superb efforts
We’ve been thrilled to see so many Glide themed groups pop up around the world. It’s wonderful to see our users come together to share best practices, help each other and talk about broader topics like productivity, management, and much more.
If you apply through us to start your group (link below), we can provide the following support:
- Promoting your community Get your community listed on our Community page and amplified from our social media accounts.
- Connecting you with other leaders Meet and learn from other community leaders.
- Goodies to share with your members We’ll send you stickers and digital swag.
- Direct communication with the Glide team You’ll always be able to chat with someone on our team. We’ll also channel your feedback to product and engineering, host AMAs with staff, and more.
Sweetness! Fill out this form to let us know about your current community.
Before launching, please make sure to review these resources. All participants are required to abide by these guidelines:
After you’ve filled out this form, it’s time to build. Some communities are using a Glide App or Page as the home for their community. It’s a good idea, though not essential, to create a new workspace and invite your members.
Here are the types of pages your shared group workspace might include. We’ve provided basic examples you can adapt and make your own:
- Events calendar - Showing dates for webinars and meetups for your community
- Translations and local resources - Tutorials, help articles, videos, etc. in your native language
- Directory of members - Informative database of everyone in your community
- Landing page - Public-facing page for new folks who would like to join your community
Of course, you don’t have to use Glide to keep your group organized. We’ve also seen our community members make fantastic use of these platforms:
- Facebook Groups
- and more
Which communities get listed on this Community page?
- Glide must be included in the title of the community
- Communities must have 50+ members
- If there are multiple communities from the same place or on the same topic, the largest one will be listed
Can anyone start a Glide community?
What kind of support can Glide provide?
- Promoting your community
- Connecting you with other group leaders
- Custom support from the Glide Community team
- Glide goodies to share with your members
- Direct communication with the Glide team