Joined List not working properly

My table has a dozen users and each has its own joined list of other users that the user is connected to. A typical user is connected to 3-4 of the other users. When I display an inline list of connected users for a particular user, the list includes all users in all joined lists. I filter user to be “included in” the joined list and also tried making the joined list a user-specific column. No luck.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thank you

Can you show how the Inline list and the Joined List are configured? Sounds like you are sourcing the list from an entire table instead of a relation.

You are correct. I thought the filter would do the trick, but apparently not. See attached. joined99 the joined list

the joined list.

To be honest, I think you are overcomplicating it. All this Unique stuff should not be needed. If you are ultimately relating to the profile table, then you shouldn’t need anything to be unique because every row in the Profiles table should already be unique. It’s hard to tell what’s going on in your Profiles table, but somewhere along the line I assume you have a relation and lookup to your Books table (if that’s the table that contains the data with users that read the books). You should be able to use that lookup to create a relation to the profiles table. That relation is all you need, and you can set it as the source of your list.

3 Likes

Occam’s Razor, right? Your suggestion to simplify was correct. But I found the problem that caused the running around with Unique, etc. My table as connected to a sheet and there was a delay in the full update, causing confusing results. Eg, double entries of the same item when one of them was deleted through the app (but not updated fast enough). I switched the table to Glide only and, together with your most recent suggestion, solved the problem.

Thank you for your help and patience.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s easy to get off track sometimes. Glad you figured it out!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.