I've edited the data in my google sheets but the table in glide is not getting updated with the changes in google sheet

I uploaded the google sheets in glide and then updated the tables in google sheet but the changes are not getting updated in glide.

Which plan are you on? How many rows do you have in your spreadsheet?

I’m using the free plan. I’ve different tables with different number of rows and columns in the spreadsheet. The table I made changes in has 5 rows and 60 columns.

I’m thinking to replace the tables with edited google sheets but I can’t find any option for that. And I’m thinking to maybe delete these and upload again but it will take time to select each of the table and then delete and then upload again and the sync the new tables uploaded with the app data and pages. So a lot of time consuming.

From what I can see in your screen shot, there are no Google Sheets connected to your App.

Can you please exit to your Glide Dashboard, navigate to the Usage tab (you’ll see it at the bottom left), and take a screen shot of that. It will tell us more about which plan you are on (Free or Legacy Free) , what your limits are and what your options are.

1 Like

Okay,Here it is and below is how I uploaded the tables from google sheet.

Okay, thanks - that helps to clarify.

When you import data from a Google Sheet in that way, Glide creates a separate copy of your data in native Glide Tables, which is in no way connected to your original Google Sheet. So the behaviour you see is correct and expected.

In order to have the data sync back to your Google Sheet, it would need to be connected as a data source. However, as you are on a Free Plan you do not have this option. You would need to ugrade to a paid plan.

Learn more below:

3 Likes

Okay, thanks for helping. Actually I’m following a course under which she explains to use glide to build the no code app and in the tutorial she has the same free plan and uploads to google sheet and then show us that both of the tables are in sync as she makes changes in google sheet, the changes gets updated in the glide data editor and vice versa.

Yes, this is something that has only changed recently. It used to be that you could attach a Google Sheet with a Free Plan, but not any more. This changed when the new pricing structure was introduced back in January.

A question for you: do you actually need the Google Sheet? It used to be that Google Sheets were necessary for performing calculations and doing other things that weren’t possible in Glide, but the Glide Data Editor has evolved to the point where this is rarely necessary any more. Many of us build Apps these days without ever using a Google Sheet at all.

2 Likes

Okay understood. Actually I was following the course only, what steps she was doing I was just following that but now I started doing the edits in glide only and not opening the google sheets. Thanks a lot for your help.

1 Like

A suggestion - if you head over to Glide University, there is an Introduction to Glide series of videos that are all quite relatively new. I would recommend them for quickly getting up to speed with some of Glide’s native capabilities.

1 Like

Okay, thanks a lot.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.