Is it possible to keep the last entries in a form?

Hello!

Is it possible to keep the last entries in a form based of what the last user chose to select in the form entries?

Thanks!

In the user profile table or the the table linked to the screen that contains your form button, you could create some single value columns that retrieve that last row values form the form’s destination table. Then use those values to set the default on the components within the form.

1 Like

It doesn’t work with big table. You know another way?

Single value doesn’t work, but can I use something else (excel formula)?

I haven’t used Big Tables, so I’m not fluent on what you can and can’t do with them. @Darren_Murphy may have a better answer regarding that. The alternative may be an On Submit action that writes certain values to the user profile table, and then you can retrieve them for your defaults.

Just so I’m clear on what you are wanting:

• User A submits a form
  • Sometime later, User B opens the same form
  • User B should see the values that User A submitted as default values
  • And the form is submitting to a Big Table

Correct?

Yes

I think you could use a variation of what Jeff suggested.
But instead of writing the values directly to the User Profile row, write them to a single row helper table, then use single value columns to pull them into the User Profile row.

So:

• Create a table and add a single row (if you add a RowID column, that will happen automatically)
  • Add a column for each value that you need. Do not use User Specific columns.
  • Add a corresponding single value column for each one in your User Profiles table
  • Use an onSubmit Set Column Values action with your form to update the values in the Helper Table (you may need to add a Single Value → First → Whole row column to the User Profile to facilitate this)
  • Use the Single Value columns in the User Profile as defaults for the form.

There is a potential race condition if two users happen to open the form at the same time, in that they would both get the same default values. That may or may not be an issue :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

Thank you @Darren_Murphy. I think it is a good solution. There is no problem with the users getting the same values.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.