Individual URL for users

Hello everyone.

In my project I need to get access by URL to show other user’s profile, not my profile. I was able to get URL profile page in another user, but that URL redirect only to my proflie.

Help please

2 Likes

Are you trying to share the URL from the user profile screen accessed from the side menu, or do you have a normal detail screen elsewhere in your app that you are using to get that URL?

Also, do you have Row Owners enabled in that user table?

I want to share a URL from the user profile screen from the side menu.

Yes, I have row owners

First of all, if you have Row Owners applied. Nobody will be able to see another user’s data. If I don’t own your data, then I can’t see your data no matter what.

Second, that side menu user profile screen is only really meant for the signed in user to view their own profile. I’ve never viewed it as a normal screen that can be shared and viewed by others. I could be wrong though and maybe removing row owners would allow the shared url to work.

If you remove row owners and the side menu url still doesn’t work, then I suggest creating a tab linked to the users table, place a collection on that screen sourced from the user table, design the detail screen for the collection items, and then share the url from that screen. You can hide the tab while still keeping it accessible.

2 Likes