Immediate sync?

Any known workarounds to have data sync happen instantly with airtable?

I am running into an issue when new users sign up the data is added to airtable. The user then logs into my app only to not have their info populated because the airtable/glide has not yet synced.

Currently, I am thinking about adding a delay to the welcome email thats triggered upon signup but it would be great to allow the user to sign in and be able to see all their information immediately after signing up and logging in.

There’s no way to trigger an immediate sync but perhaps there are other ways you could accomplish what you need.

If your sign-up process is not in Glide consider moving it there. Info is saved right away and will be sent to airtable at the next sync but everything will work in Glide.

If you have to do the signup in AT (or in some other service that sends to AT) perhaps there is a way to use something like Zapier that is triggered from Glide when a new row is added. I haven’t tried this myself, just speculating. But you could trigger a Zap that then send out your welcome email and directs them to the app.

2 Likes

I like the way you think! This sounds like the quickest path "If you have to do the signup in AT (or in some other service that sends to AT) perhaps there is a way to use something like Zapier that is triggered from Glide when a new row is added. I haven’t tried this myself, just speculating. "

1 Like

This would totally work but there is no trigger option for glide to trigger upon a new row being added to glide in zapier :frowning:

One option is that you could use the Glide API to create a new row in your User Profiles table at this point. So when the user signs into the app, that row should be there waiting for them and they will automatically attach to it.

There is a risk with this strategy, however. If the email address that they use to sign into your app isn’t an exact match, then you’ll wind up with a second User Profile row for the same user. And manually adding rows to the User Profiles table isn’t generally recommended (except in Private Apps). But, it does work - I know, because I’ve done it before :slight_smile: So it would be up to you to decide if the risk is acceptable or not.

Update: oh, wait. It just dawned on me that if you do the above then you’ll wind up with duplicate rows in Airtable. Haha! Oh well, scratch that idea. Maybe the best option is to move the onboarding to Glide, as Darren H suggested?

I do know that there are supposed to be some changes coming to the Airtable API such that it will start notifying Glide of changes - which it doesn’t do at the moment. So once that is in place you might find that changes made in Airtable will sync to Glide much faster.

1 Like

Airtable is working on an updated API that should send us changes instantly. Every six months, they tell us it’s six months away :wink:

3 Likes

Hello @david,
Thanks for the info.
Do you have any update on this?
I am also struggling because it takes more than 10 seconds to receive data from Airtable to Glide.
Many thanks,
Seydi

1 Like