I need help: a custom action is not working correctly

Thank you,
The users must be logged in for place the order

1 Like

If you can, open the developer console in your desktop and try pressing the order button to see if it stucks at the webhook part.

Out of curiosity, why is Glide disabling this functionality?

I don’t think so!

I used a public APP to test a Webhook and fire a Rest API call and everything worked perfect!

Saludos Thinh

Hola Fabio,

Your Set Column action is using a user specific column (step 4)?

I don’t know if there is a bug but testing days ago, I had problems to write data to a user specific Column dynamically when I created a Set Column action.

Saludos

@gvalero I think @ThinhDinh was referring to this from David. Maybe it’s not the case anymore???

1 Like

Yeah I was referring to that, and I’m sure that was true back then because I was not able to do it in one of my public apps just before David confirmed it.

1 Like

What a curious case @Jeff_Hager and @ThinhDinh

I carried out my tests almost 7-9 days ago and I had no problem to fire my scenario.

Let me try again my IGM scenario to verify all this.

See you

UPDATED:
Holy Sheet!! :upside_down_face:

I forgot I have reached my actions limit using another scenario to work with MS SQL Server those days.

2 Likes

Hi Yes, but step 1 is also user specific.
Step 1 works perfectly :frowning:

the problem is that on some users it works fine.
Look, these are today’s orders

Ok, I see

2 final questions:

1. Who changes the user variable to 0: You or Integromat?
  2. Do you have a confirmation value (flag) from Integromat to be sure that your scenario was successful? Or you assume always that your Integromat action was executed fine and you reset your value in GS no mater what happend?

Saludos!

I change the variable to 0: is step 4
I don’t have a confirmation value because up until 20 days ago I had no problems
I have the email that arrives with the order number which confirms that the scenario on zapier has been successful

Wait,wait… you use Zapier and not integromat!! What a chaos… sorry for my confusion :upside_down_face:

ok… did that problematic user receive 16 times the confirmation email? If so, your Zap is fine and the problem is Glide or the data sent from your APP?

Have you checked carefull that data in order to recreate manually the case in Glide?.

Yes, i use Zapier :slight_smile:
Yes, The problem is that the restaurant has received the same order 16 times
Unfortunately I can’t create the problem and understand why it only happened to some users
This is the zapier log

Ok I found the bug.
The bug is that “set Column” cannot be used twice in a row with relation.
Can you try if you also have this problem?

Schermata 2021-02-08 alle 15.17.07

:muscle:

@Fabio_Leanzi what do you mean with “…used twice in a row with relation”?

A screenshot will help.

Saludos!

Example
Action1: Set column
Action2: Add row
Action3: Set column <---- This set column don’t work

This is the action

This action work

This action don’t work

And this is why I use scripts at zero cost and zero frustrations.

Could you tell me more?

Well I made a script that allows for texts or emails to be sent at no cost to you. It is triggered by changes in the sheet and doesn’t require you to add it to your buttons. Here’s the link.