Huh... A lot of filters - what it means?

Hi, I’m tired…
my client is adding everyday some new conditions for searching tools. (I know, I know: lack of proper specs before starting… I know…)

on the very beginning my table was 12 columns - now is more than 30, all extra are calculations and math and relations; was 3 tables is 7… on the beginning I had 3 filter binded to main collection, now I have 15.

15 filters to one collection - it isn’t too much??? I started to think, that “no it isn’t for no code”… sad…

I know it is tough question:
WHERE ARE LIMITS of this? They exist? I have a felling that it is too much and I have a mess in tables… Should I be worried - or my project is still small.

regards
tomasz

I wouldn’t be too concerned. I have Apps with thousands of computed columns and they work perfectly fine.

Obviously, it makes sense to try and keep your tables organised, and use a consistent column naming scheme, so you don’t get lost. But don’t worry too much about having few dozen (or even a hundred) columns in a table.

1 Like

This is what confuse me the most. Is a 100 columns too much or not…

I must admit one thing: there is a lot of superb tutorials, a really goooood ones! But all of them delivers knowledge about solving/building specific solutions.
It would be a super idea, to give us a good practice knowledge. There is no place like this. When to use more tables, when columns, what is better: calculate in glide or calculate in Airtable, using or not filters, 20 of them is too much; etc etc… These are only examples. Basic rules, some fundamentals…

Probably this is the basic knowledge of programming/coding, but…
… we are no-coders!

Darren, again: thank you! Now: refactoring time :slight_smile:

1 Like

There is no simple answer to that.
It depends.
It depends on what those columns are doing, and how many rows they are operating on.
It depends on the capabilities of the end users device.
It depends on all sorts of things.

1 Like