How to show edit screen for a table that ISN'T user profile?

I want to allow a user to modify a row in a (Glide) table, of which they are the row owner.

I tried a form, which I thought worked perfectly, although I realised it adds a row instead of editing the existing one.

So, I tried creating an action which simply does a ‘Show edit screen’, but when I try to select the target table from the ‘Data’ section in the ‘Show edit screen’ options, it only lists ‘User Profile’ or ‘This item’. Why aren’t my other tables in that dropdown?

Any help would be massively appreciated. Cheers

Are you on a custom or detail screen?

Form screens and Form containers are intended for adding rows. Not editing existing rows.

The Edit screen is meant for editing the current row you are viewing. ‘This Item’ is the correct choice if you are already viewing the item you want to edit. You can’t choose other tables, because which row out of the many rows in those other tables would you be editing??? The edit screen can only edit one single row. Your user profile only has one row linked to the signed in user, and likewise, ‘This Item’ is linked to the one single row you want to edit.

2 Likes

@Jeff_Hager so there is no way to allow a user to edit a row in a table (that they own) without presenting the row?

I think I need to see screenshots explaining what you are trying to do. A user could own one or a thousand rows. You need some way to know which row the edit screen should be referring to.

I guess the alternative is to add a ‘Single Relation’ or ‘Single Value → Whole Row’ column to the table of the screen that contains the button. But, I don’t want to get too deep into details without first understanding what your goals and app flow are like.

1 Like

You could make an action that opens a screen to collect data and then updates the existing row? Maybe there is an action in your collection that lets you edit. (collection>actions>edit>true)

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.