How to filter by signed-in user - Glide doesn't show automatically created Users relation column

I can’t figure out how to do this… I need to use an Inline list filtered by signed-in user, to show only products that belong to categories the user defined as his favorites.
For example:
I am interested in Literature in Portuguese / Music / Architecture.
When I open the app, I will see the New products that arrived, filtered by the categories that I’m interested in.

I thought I could use the automatically created “User relation” column,

but this column isn’t listed as a choice in the “User email” menu.

My app: https://t3wff.glideapp.io
Google sheet: LP Macau Draft 1 - Google Sheets

I’ve hit this wall as well, but I’m taking a slightly different approach. I’m building a delimited list of emails in one column, so the list looks like this: fakeemail1@email.com|fakeemail2@email.com|fakeemail3aemail.com. I was hoping to use a Contains filter, but I can’t access the logged in users email for the filter. I’m wondering if my method would work for Per User Sata, since it would be an accessible column. I might have to try it later. I think in your case, reference columns aren’t accessible for some uses.

See [Video Tutorial] Always show the last 4 items in your home screen

Filipa How did you solve it?

Looks like the User column you’re trying to use is a relation. To get the email to show up as a field to choose, add a lookup that pulls in the email. It will look redundant in the Data editor, but I think this should get you what you need.

1 Like

@kyleheney, can you explain this more clearly? I would like users to pick items and keep in the favourites list, should I use the new array row owners function?

@kyleheney is just stating that you cannot use a relation column to display or filter by a specific value in the relation. A relation is simply a referenced to a row or a set of rows in a different sheet. You need to add a Lookup column in addition to the relation to pull out a specific column value from that relation.

As for your second question. Not know anything about your app, it sounds like you would just need a form button on each item for a user to submit an item to their favorites. Here’s an example: https://6pbvq.glideapp.io/. Or you could have a form button with several choice components and a user would simply select all of the items they want in one shot. With this method, you would set up an array of columns (‘Item 1’, ‘Item2’, ‘Item 3’, etc)

1 Like