How to export more than first row in table via Integromat to Google Docs

Feels like I’m missing something quite apparent here in my efforts to create a simple export of a table (page) content.

I have a restaurant menu grouped by category. Looks ace on glide pages. Customer needs to create pdf of this from time to time and send it to his clients.

So I created a button, created a webhook. Connected it to Make and created a flow so that it via [[params]] writes data to a google docs template. As I would like to construct a template for this food menu using the data coming from the glide page, I am having issues, as only the first row is shown in the document itself (so the connection works kind of)…

Attaching some screeshots of the setup. I must be getting something wrong. Any guidance, pointers are appreciated. Have a nice weekend everyone!

Output after action

Template in docs

Sounds like you need a joined list :wink:

Have a watch of the below - I suspect it will get you on the right track…

2 Likes

Thanks! :smiley:

Definately needed a joint list and feels like I’m getting closer now.

Managed with a joint list to list all items in a google doc. Final thing to figure out now is to group them by category so that I can add headers for the different categories in the export, and data from the price column next to each item and I’m all set. Hopefully wont be an all nighter :grin:

Still haven’t figured the final steps of this one out. As I need to list items per category as separate sections in docs I suspect I am missing some parameters in glide tables. I think I might need to export the per category from three different locations, perhaps. And I also need to display the data from a different column (price) next to each item. The prices are individual for each item. Any pointers regarding solving this would be much appreciated :relieved:

I think I’d be tempted at this point to create a JSON object and send that as a single parameter. Something along the following lines:

{
  "menu": {
    "appetisers": [
      "item1",
      "item2",
      "item3"
    ],
    "mains": [
      "item4",
      "item5",
      "item6"
    ],
    "desserts": [
      "item7",
      "item8",
      "item9"
    ]
  }
}

To construct that in Glide, you’d have a separate joined list for each category, and then you’d combine the lot in a single template, that would look something like this:

{
  "menu": {
    "appetisers": [{jl-appetisers}],
    "mains": [{jl-mains}],
    "desserts": [{jl-desserts}]
  }
}

You would use replacement values for each of {jl-appetisers}, {jl-mains} and {jl-desserts}, substituting each of your 3 joined lists.

2 Likes

Thanks man, trying this out right now. :handshake: The JSON part I assume is done over at Integromat right?

You construct the JSON in Glide, and then it can be unpacked it in Make. Make has JSON modules to deal with that.

1 Like

Now I’m getting the data as separate entities into a google doc template using Make. Thanks very much!

I’m not sure I’ve set it up 100% correctly but at least it works.

Skärmavbild 2022-10-16 kl. 09.34.09
Google doc template with tags

Template column in Glide

Button with webhook action

Output in generated document in Make

Looks like you’re sending each category list as a separate value, so your Menu template isn’t actually used?

But whatever, that should work equally well.

1 Like

That is true. At first try I tried to send the menu to the template to Make but couldn’t figure out the config on make end. So did a quick switch and sent the categories separately and works for this purpose. I now need to reflect for a couple of hours and go through the steps and verify what I have done and how all things are connected. Appreciate all the help, it really helped a lot!

Oh one thing I haven’t figured out yet is how I can get value from a price column to be displayed next to the product names with a blank space in between.

You should be able to use a template column for that.

1 Like

Reviving this one. I added a switch to each table to mark the row as active or inactive. It should only take into account where status is set to true, and this should be sent to webflow cms collection, google docs template etc. But it isn’t. Not when using the joined list solution. That worked well when all things could be sent but not when there are conditions. Trying to figure this out. Any help appreciated.

Are you accounting for your true status when building a relation or query, and then building your joined list off of that relation or query?

1 Like

The way I deal with this is to create an if-then-else column that returns the template column only for rows that meet the filter criteria, and then create my joined lists using the if-then-else column.

2 Likes

Actually no. I am creating the joined list straight of the product name column.

Ah I see, thanks guys for the help, I’ll try this solution.

Think I got it working. I will use the Starters Joined List to send to webflow cms collection, google docs template etc.

1 Like

Yep, that’s exactly what I meant :+1:

1 Like

Ah of course it now also passes the status true along into the food menu. Need to figure out how to only pass the food item name and keep the conditional logic.