How to display multiple items

I think Im happy with this layout, but Uzo mentioned altering on dates or mileage for the “Next Due” kinda thing. I would LUV your input on that if you know how.?

Ok, now your data is structured…
Add 2 more column’s (type: number): miles

Copy what you have in the 1st column but just numbers

Time… copy only numbers of months…

Question… this app is for 1 car or multiple?
Single driver or multiple?
If multiple drivers… do they drive 1 assign car or all of them?

Is this app for 1 person to manage events, or multiple?

What is the multiple check… is for time or mileage?

This is key. You are still pointing your tab to the Scheduled MX table instead of the Mileage Interval table, but if you are happy sourcing your tab on the Scheduled MX table and using grouping, then you can ignore anything I mentioned about setting up the relation or creating the Mileage Interval table. You wouldn’t need them with the way you have it set up now.

1 Like

Uzo, Im building this just for my RV so only one vehicle and there is only one driver.

ok, so that will be easy …
what is that multi-check point? it is for miles or time?
did you create 2 number columns for miles and months?
and 1 date column for timestamps?

Now that I have the structure like I want it thanks to you guys helping this is what I would like to do…

When I mark an item complete, I would like for it to set the NEXT date or mileage. Then an Alter for that Next would be awesome.

That is a good point, the multi point was in the manual, I will have to re-read and determine if its mileage or time

ok, check that…
once you create these 3 extra columns, is time for creating some math columns…
let’s start with time…
Let’s title it “next inspection” and use a math column with formula timestamp + (months * 30) that will give you the date for the next inspection for this task

note: you need to set up a starting date in all timestamps rows… it can be a date of purchase or last inspection date

@Uzo, this looking correct?

almost… timestamps can’t be boolean … and make a starting date for all rows, so the math column won’t give an error… you don’t need a completed column…
for the math column use the ARRAY formula or copy down formulas

Ok, changed Timestamp from Boolean to Date

now you have the next inspection dates… create a new column … “inspection DUE” and put formula
=ARRAYFORMULA(IF(F2:F="",,IF( now()> F2:F, "INSPECT",""))

Which one?

oh… you wanna do that at Glide table? then use the math column… but you won’t be able to use google scripts to send notifications

No I just didn’t know where to put that code…

the formula is for the google sheet new column… put it in the second row
note: it will take up to 10 seconds for glide to sync it… to avoid that, you can replicate that math column in the glide table for instant result

1 Like

put one of the timestamps with the earlier date… like 1/1/2021 to test arrayformula…
what formula do you have in the F column?

Let me know if everything works…

@Uzo, #1 thank you so much for jumping in and spending your Sat night to help me. It was awesome and I learned a lot watching you work. Im sorry for going dark on you but it was kiddo bedtime and then convinced us to watch a movie.
I think this app is awesome and much more powerful now. Give me a day to review your changes and I will post back if I need to ask any questions. Have a great week.

1 Like