How to create an app for taking Sales Orders

Hi.
I was looking at the topic Data relation “Data” to test if it works for me but I can’t understand it well.
In my product sheet I have a name column, which then with a relationship allows me to get the email that started. But how can I link commerce with mail? That is, the trade exists in the spreadsheet but the mail is virtual. I tried the replace function but I couldn’t. I’m there, then I would have to see if I understand him correctly. But I stopped there. How can I concatenate a real data with a virtual one?

I can not understand well, but with your help I will try to incorporate an id every time I order a product, depending on whether there are already confirmed orders. He gave me an idea, I’m going to try it and then I’ll tell him.

Go Mariano go!! :slight_smile:

Edit to last post

What do you mean be the replace function? Just to be clear, there are no additional sheet formulas in my steps. Everything can be done within the Glide data editor.

Which step are you stuck on? You can join two values with the template column.

I managed to get an id to send each product.
Your recommendation helped me, I’m not sure if I did as you tell me, but it was based on your idea.
In the products table I already had the trade in each row, so I only had to add the mail, concatenate it to control with the confirmed table. While I succeeded, I had to make multiple columns in the editor. Surely there is a simpler way, but I’ll show you to see.

1. In the spreadsheet I entered the word name to all the products, to relate it to the user.
    Already in the editor
  2. A relation column to get the mail.
  3. A vlookup column to get the mail again, otherwise I can’t find a way to concatenate it.
  4. A template column to link commerce and mail.
  5. A relation column to join with confirmed orders
  6. A vlookup column to find the number of times that mail and trade are in the confirmed orders table.
  7. A template column to join Commerce & mail & count

I show you the link:

It works, it takes a while for the order to arrive and at this moment the internet works slowly, I would have to use a total in the data editor and also make several changes to optimize the application and reduce formulas. But I wanted to test that logic and it works. I am missing many things, but it is the basis for taking off.

2 Likes

That looks about right. Glad it’s working for. It’s a lot of columns to create but I don’t know if a better way. Like you said, the only issue now is the orders sheet being slow to show the order. That’s the problem with using formulas in the google sheet. It can take awhile for the data updated by sheet formulas to sync back to Glide. If I think of something, I’ll let you know.

2 Likes

@Jeff_Hager, thanks for this! Soon I’ll post Buffalo Burger updated with without the order ID problem :pray:t3::pray:t3::pray:t3:

1 Like

WHAT METHOD FOR PAYMENT GATE IN YOUR APP ???

@Diklat_MII I don’t have any apps that take any form of payment. Was this question for someone else?

We want to make app like:
1.Uber, www.uber.com . it is transportation booking.
2.Traveloka , www.traveloka.com . it is flight ticket and hotel booking
3.Flightradar24 , www.flightradar24.com . it is flight GPS update and flight ticket booking

please help us to realize the dream of making the app???
It will use bank transfer payment gate and it cant use stripe.

At the moment, Glide isn’t the product you need to make this app

Nice touch on using the math column/ rollup column. This was the missing piece! Bookmarking this for later!

1 Like

Works amazing Thanks @Jeff_Hager

1 Like

if I upgrade paid hosting on the Glide platform, will I get a domain name and data storage server and also zapier ??

You get the ability to link your app to your domain. But you need to have already a domain.
You increase the amount of zaps and the storage capacity s well.

I do not understand what you mean, do I have to first separately create a domain and server on Bluehost and then be able to register to the Glide platform???

Just buy a domain in order to fully take advantage of Glide Pro, and have the app in your own domain (https://app.cancuntour.app) instead of in Glide (https://churches.glideapp.io) .
You don’t need hosting.

https://docs.glideapps.com/all/etc/account/glide-pro/configuring-a-custom-domain

if I already have a domain www.taadz.com, then can I still have the same name after I register on glide ??

you can add your app to your domain. Please check the above guide I sent you