How to approve form submissions before they're published

Hi people, building a directory site and I’ll be collecting company information from forms. Problem is, I need to be able to approve the submissions first before they show up in the directory. I’ve connected the submission form to my directory page that will have all the listings. How do I set this up ?

1 Like

You could add a column to the sheet that holds the submissions called “Approved”. Make that column a Boolean and protect access to it through visibility conditions.

The “approver” could be given a checklist view of all unapproved submissions and can easily check them off to approve them.

For the viewer, they would see a list that is filtered to only show submissions where “Approved” column is true.

So you’re not restricting the submission, but rather which submissions users can view (the approved ones).

3 Likes

Thanks, I’ll try that today (PS:Didn’t imagine people in the forum would respond this quickly :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:)

1 Like

Feel free to ask questions, there are a lot of people here willing to help from all timezones :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Hello, how exactly do I achieve this?
And how would the approver be “given” a checklist? Can you explain?