How to access to a second level screen to build/edit it in the backend

Maybe a dumb question. This is the main screen from which I can click the button “Nuova lavorazione” to add a row to that table.

New screen opens:

When I click submit (“Invia”) the app add the new row to the table and then brings me to a new screen to fill data that are on another table in relation to the main one:

Now the question: is there a way to access to this very last screen to modify it (I mean in the backend) without adding a row each time? In other words…is there a list of screens where I can go, pick one, and modify it?

There isn’t such a list of screens. Right now the concept in Glide is that you navigate to tabs and screens in the Layout Editor to edit them.

Try this… add a new table to your app with exactly one row. Put some dummy data in it… in your user table add a single value column and target the 1 row table and choose ‘whole row’

Now from a button/action open a detail
Screen and use the user profile single value as its source.

The effect is that you can open that screen from anywhere in your app as long as you use detail screen + single value from user profile

1 Like

If your were using any other collection style other than a data grid, you would be able to have an action on each item to view the detail screen or edit screen for each item. Things become limited when using a data grid. It’s best advantage is being able to edit data directly on the grid and being able to display data in a grid format, but you are not able to perform actions on each row.

1 Like