How can I generate a PUBLIC url that displays items that a user has added to a Glide App?

Hey All,
Users on my app have requested the ability to share a public URL of the things they’ve added to our app with people who have not logged into the Glide app itself.

ATM you have to create a profile and login to see things that people have added to the app

Ideally this would be a unique, public URL that each user gets when they create an account that they can share with others.

Has anyone done something like this?

And How might I go about this? Could I use Glide Pages?

So currently where are you showing that list? In the user profiles view of each user?

I do have something similar or maybe different I don’t know but in my case I made my App public with no sign-in required and then those tabs or pages where I want people to login then I use a sign-in button in combination with visibility conditions. So basically, if you want to create a post or add something to the App, you need to be registered and have a profile but if you are there just to view via a link shared with you (Deeplink for that screen) then you don’t need to have a user profile and you are able to view the post on the page you have been directed to via that deep link…

2 Likes

Yes, at the moment the list is viewable from the individual’s profile. But to see that list other people need to create a profile and login first.

Hmmm, any chance you could show me an example of this/your app? I imagine then that you created your own profile login page/interactions (w/ password, user name, etc)? Instead of using what glide offers, OR is there a way to only wall of specific content/interactions with Glide’s login, and have other content freely accessible?

Yes, you can “wall off” some tabs or components using the visibility conditions. The visibility conditions would be based on “If email is not empty”…
If the email is not empty then the user would be able to access that information that was walled off.
You can even extend this further by building your own custom sign up form which @Robert_Petitto does very well in teaching in his gamification App, the first tutorial covers this extensively. It also covers some visibility conditions that you can use to customise the user experience for the different types of users.

Some components are also hidden using this method so that they only show of user has a profile or if they don’t have a profile which means they are guests.

3 Likes

Brilliant! I’ll give this a look/try.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.