Homepage slider

Hey guys! Do you think is possible to build a homepage slider? I broke my head trying to figure it out but I couldn’t think of anything. Any ideas?

Something like this:

2 Likes

You mean like a revolving carousel that displays products or photos?

This one basically :

1 Like

I am sure it is not possible. The new swipe action is there but still requires manual movement. There might be workarounds.

2 Likes

Y Think manual movement is ok! I am building a MVP right now so it doesn’t have to be perfect. What I really need is a way to communicate the users what’s the app about. If you can think in any other way, it will be so much appreciated.

1 Like

Those yellow dots…pls explain what you expect from them?

Those yellow dots are just the one that shows you that you can slide further.

1 Like

Fantastic! Yes, you can easily create what you want.

you can even recreate that whole look 2 the T.

Question is are we letting users sign into the app or not?

1 Like

It is not necessary for them to log in :hugs:
I will be super comfortable if they could def test the app before signing up :ok_hand:

1 Like

Okay, let me back to you.

1 Like

Thank you!!

1 Like

I am going to do a demo app for you. Might be easier. You can then just change the images. I might need 8 tabs or if lucky get away with 2…because you want a public version also (4 dots)

I am so impressed on how everything is possible on Glide with workarounds. Thank you so so much

2 Likes

Okay please give me couple of hours…be back soon!

1 Like

It would be great if Glide can add that option in Sign-in Screen at the beginning

4 Likes

Yes! I was trying the whole day to find a way and then I realized it was not possible.

Something like that

It would be great!

4 Likes

You got it! Yeah! Would be great

2 Likes

There’s always the sign in button which you would have users tap if there’s something you need them to sign in for.

The login button could be a button with sign in action.

The continue w/o login could be a button with link to screen or increment action.

4 Likes

Agreed, it would be easy to create a screen with a Sign In or a Continue without Sign In button.

As for the slider, all you need is an array column with 4 image urls (one in each column), or a relation to a sheet with a Lookup that returns 4 rows with 4 image urls. Both the array option and the lookup option would work with an image component to show multiple images as a slider. Not sure, but may also be able to play around with Split Text, to create an array, but not completely sure.

3 Likes