Custom homescreen with in-app access without sign in

Just came across a list of brilliant glide apps that people have created and noticed that this one has a custom home page: Napps Hairdressing Marketplace App | UK

I didn’t realise such a thing was possible. My home screens always look basic as they are just the log in page.
Can anyone point me in the direction of tutorials that can help with this?

I have a pro account if that is of any use

Hello, if what you want is to customize the login in this way, what you should do is, go to sign in screen in the branding session, you can upload a custom design of how you want the login image to look, I I’m not a designer so I used canva to do this, but if you want you can use photoshop and in the branding session you can upload your template,
(Only available for starter plans onwards)

Thanks so much for your reply. I am able to do this, however the kind of design I was specifically asking about is more complex and allows for links.
I’ve attached a photo in my original post and here so you can see what I am talking about as I realise it may have not been clear.
Photo 1 is the homescreen and photo 2 is an example of the click through possibility from the top link

The only thing I can see is they’ve rerouted their url to this page which is their home screen, allowing users to bypass the sign up page somehow… didn’t realise this was possible

If you make your app Public with optional sign in, then you don’t have to sign in to use the app. The 10% button just looks like an image component with a Show New Screen action.

What you are seeing is just the first tab in the app. It’s not a sign in screen. That’s because the app is Public.

3 Likes

Interesting thanks Jeff! But they have a sign in option later on - the app is limited without it. Would this count was a private log in?

And what about the custom urls for each page, how does that work? I’ve struggled with that for months and this is the first time I’ve actually seen it work.
It seems possible with pages but not the app…

You have a few options. You can add buttons with a sign in action. The side hamburger menu should have a sign in option, and certains components such as favorites and comments will require a user to sign in to use them.

Not necessarily in this case. A user is only considered a private user if the app is set up as a private app, or you use the User Profile Role feature.

Which part? Do you mean the root custom domain ‘nappsworld.app’, or do you mean the rest of the url that’s linked to each page? If your tables have Row IDs, then any detail screen you view in the app will have a unique url that’s linked to that specific row. That’s been pretty standard for quite awhile, and glide has actually changed the url structure a little bit so they are shorter and more predictable if you want to build them out yourself with a template column. You can also aquire the link to screen as a special value in forms or via a Set Column action.

1 Like

Blockquote Do you mean the root custom domain ‘nappsworld.app’, or do you mean the rest of the url that’s linked to each page? If your tables have Row IDs, then any detail screen you view in the app will have a unique url that’s linked to that specific row. That’s been pretty standard for quite awhile, and glide has actually changed the url structure a little bit so they are shorter and more predictable if you want to build them out yourself with a template column. You can also aquire the link to screen as a special value in forms or via a Set Column action.

Jeff you’re a legend - thank you for all your help.

The rest of the url, so the bit after the site itself e.g. “nappsworld.app” wasn’t working for me. I think that’s because my app is set to “Public with email” rather than just “Public”.
I’ve tested it with a dummy app I have that is currently set as “Public” and it works perfectly.

That shouldn’t matter. The key part here is Row IDs. Glide Tables have Row IDs inheritently built in. You can add a Row ID column, but I don’t think it’s required. As for other data sources, such as Google Sheets, you have to explicitly add a Row ID column. Then the urls should work.

Is there any differences between your main app and your dummy app, such as different data sources, or Row ID in one, but not the other? I have Public, Public with Email, and Private apps that all give me specific urls for the screen, but you have to make sure it has a Row ID because that is a big part of how the url is formulated.

I will add though that in one of my old apps, I don’t get special urls at the tab level. I think my app is still running on an old computation model. However, if I navigate to the details of a list item, I still get the special url. Maybe that’s one difference between your main app and dummy app. I think you can tell which computation model the app is using by looking at the privacy settings. The privacy settings screen has an updated look on newer apps compared to older apps.

But, either way you should have the special urls to some degree regardless of your privacy settings.

2 Likes

You’re right! It makes no difference and works perfectly.
This is a going to be a game changer for my app.

1 Like

Yes, that’s true.

I’m happy to answer more on what you need @saucy , since this app was partly developed by our agency.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.