Hi, I'm Darren 🤓 | I teach and help others with #NoCodeApps

Hi, I’m Darren :nerd_face:

My #NoCode journey started back in 2018 with the Thunkable platform. I’ve been making apps, consulting, and sharing tutorials on YouTube since then.

Now I’m looking to broaden my expertise to other #NoCodeApp platforms, and I have chosen Glide as the next one to master, share with my YouTube channel, and make apps for my clients.

I actually just released my 1st Glide tutorial on YouTube if you are interested:

My long term goal is to be the #NoCodeAppGuide for the new people just entering the space. I want to help them navigate the journey of creating their 1st app and help them discern which #NoCodeApp platform would be best for their project.

Cheers! :beers:

12 Likes

Welcome Darren, great to have you here!

2 Likes

Welcome to the community!

1 Like

Welcome to our forum!
That’s an amazing video for your first app… :+1:
Also, what a unique username!

1 Like

Welcome @Darren_Alderman! Also have my channel in youtube here Brazil :grin:
Enjoy the community!

1 Like

Welcome, @Darren_Alderman!

I watched the video, it’s excellent—you have a bright career as a Glide videographer ahead of you!

One tip: you can configure the formatting on your Sum rollup column, even including the $ prefix. You do not need to make a formatting and template column.

4 Likes

You can also search Unsplash directly in the Data Editor when editing an Image column.

2 Likes

A trio of @JackVaughan, @Robert_Petitto and Darren in 2022 for Glide?

9 Likes

Yesyesyes!!

2 Likes

Yes! I knew I was probably not doing things the “right way”, but I got the job done. :sweat_smile:

I have much to learn about the platform, but excited to start getting more familiar.

Thanks for the tips!

1 Like

Jack’s tutorials on the Glide channel are absolutely the best I’ve seen. The production quality is top notch.

4 Likes

You can also check out Robert’s videos here:

And here’s a link to our resources for building, a site made by the brilliant @Jaime.

Do let us know if you need any help with your apps, we’ll be ready to help.

4 Likes

Which one’s me?

3 Likes

Do you want to be LeBron :wink:

3 Likes

Excellent Video Darren! I need to upgrade my mic. Yours is crystal clear. Which model you use?

3 Likes

Here is what I am currently using: https://smile.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATR2100-USB-Cardioid-Dynamic-Microphone/dp/B004QJOZS4

I’ve gone through a few mics and this has been my favorite so far.

2 Likes

Nice one @Darren_Alderman, welcome!

2 Likes