Helper Table per day of the week

Hi,

In GlidePage, I want to collect users regular routes (departure > destination), per day of the week. Routes are always the same each week.

I try to use a [Helper table] to create a custom form writing in a [Planning table], but I am missing something.

1/ [Helper Table]
It has the same format than the below screen to input rows
(with “USC fields” + columns: “RowID” and “(Template) User ID”

2/ [Planning table]
Via a “Single Value”, I bring data from the [Helper table] into the [Planning table], whose format is as follows.
Then with a “LookUp” and “Index search” I’d like to bring the value to collect per day in the [Planning] table (with a different index per day)

BUT this is where I am bugging: how make this data fixed, ie. not depending on the “SV rank-x” column?
(otherwise it changes at each change in the “USC fields” in the [helper table], and this is due to the fact that my [helper table] has not a single row but 5, ie. one per day of the week)

I hope that it’s not too confusing…
Many thanks in advance

very confusing … I assume you want to copy the user route to the datasheet… just show his daily routes as an inline list, and when it is clicked, it will copy values to the related row.

1 Like

Thank you @Uzo.

Clearly my description is confusing.
If I try to make it simpler :

I have 2 tables:

[helper] table which takes this format in the table & in the user screen

and [Planning] table with this one

→ I would like that the data being entered in the 2 columns of the user screen (and [helper] table) be a new row in the [planning] table.
And I struggle with it…

Thanks

are you sing Glide form or entry fields? is there a problem with the custom action to add a row?

A custom form, but don’t see how to move from a table input in columns to 1 row

I can’t imagine what is your flow…
correct me if I am wrong…
you have route data in 5 rows for each day, in the helper table?
you wanna get all 5 rows of data and move them to 1 row in the Planning table? or specific day data into a planing table?

Yes.

Basically, the structure is

I cannot reproduce the “miracle approach” of Robert…
Thanks

you are not answering my question… please explain the step-by-step flow… your images are very confusing…
Do you want to take from the list all days and place them in each column for each day in the planning table?
what value goes to “Monday rote” column?
is single value 1 from start… 2 from start … not making a trick for you?

is the helper table fixed? do you have different tables for each user? or is only one user? do you store data for other Mondays… Thursdays…?

Sorry, I’ll try to make it more clear.

1. Do you want to take from the list all days and place them in each column for each day in the planning table?” → Yes

2. What value goes to “Monday route” column?” → a template column of each value of each row from the [Helper] table (cf. green background data)

1. Is single value 1 from start… 2 from start?” → This is what I used in the custom form (in the other table [planning] where I want to get data in row), but the issue is that it is taking the last value of the [helper] table. I don’t manage to fix the data in this other table.

2. Is the helper table fixed?” → Not sure about the question, but I have only 1 [helper] table for all users (thanks to user specific fields), where they enter their routes; I relate to the other tables with a “template column: User ID”

3. Do you store data for other Mondays… Thursdays…?” → No because it is the same weekly planning for the year

Sorry, it’s burdensome

kind of a weird approach to the problem… using USC for planning… you will never see the data for each user in the app… only in the Glide editor…
why Is taking the last value of the table if you set it to take 2nd? so is always taking the Friday route instead of Tuesday if you set 2nd from start?

looks like the solution is easy… … Monday route column should be a single value 0 from start… Friday 4 from the start… is this not working?
or I am missing something in your explanation?

The USC is only in the [helper] table, it should then be moved to the custom form eg. the [planning] table. So I will have all data (“routes”)

Yes, this is what I thought, but each time I am changing the USC in the [helper] table, the single value column in the [planning] table are also changing

(illustration of the [planning] table with single value taking the last input from the [helper] table)

I’d rather say that my explanation is :face_with_spiral_eyes:…and the design of my flow is :biohazard:.

Basically, I designed all this just to enable users to enter their route into a “data grid” in glidePage, where they do 1 input in columns (cf. days of the week) which then must be migrated into a row as a form

If you think it’s too complicated, I will take another route

Thanks anyway

it is very easy… there is something I am missing in your explanation… why did you mention Robert method? why is there a rank? if is fixed data there is no need for that… or you just overthinking this task?

Yes, exactly what I did, but what happens when I add a “Driver 2”

• 1st table: the user inputs new values
  • 2nd table: and due to the use of “single value” columns, it changes the values of all Drivers with the last value taken.

This is at least how it (badly) reacts in my case.
I would need to be able to copy the Driver 1 “single values” in a new text column per day, otherwise it remains dynamic.

let me reproduce your case… with USC and more drivers :wink:

1 Like

Probably yes!

Even without USC, if you add more drivers in your case and change your first values data, does it work?

it works with USC… no problem

I think you are confused by USC… as I said is a bad approach… when you change user… all data will be for that user for all drivers… so there is no need for having more rows in helper table

You’ve got the same cities for Driver 1 and 2 on Monday and Thursday.

But what happens with

• Driver 1 : monday = city 1, thursday = city 2

• Driver 2 : monday = city 4, thursday = city 5

(if it works for you, I move back to Wix :slight_smile: )

yes, because is USC… it will show current user data for all drivers… you need regular data… and then use Robert method to pick related user data… or just have 1 driver there… which is the user using the app… no need for more drivers, because it is USC… that will work too… just keep in mind you are dealing with USC no need for other drivers there

Ok, I’ll try that …

THANKS!