Group by to filter data

Hi, I have worked out a solution for this for it to display all fitting events inside a “User Profile” tab.

Let me explain it in details, hope it helps for @StephM and I’m open for suggestions from @nathanaelb.

Firstly, I have some choices for the “min age” and “max age” that would require event organizers to add when they add events to the page. This is based on StephM’s requirements above.

Then I have some random data that I generated, which includes event, min age and max age (sorry about the names, I have it randomly generated).

I use Arrayformula to generate the corresponding months (in number) for each min age and max age. Basically if the choice is months, take the number, if the choice is years, multiplies it by 12.

Then in Glide, I use a simple Template column to have a display value for each event (concatenate min age and max age).

In my user profile page, I add an “Age choice” column that is setup as below. The value displayed is the months choice (with years or months), but the recorded value is only the number.

Then, I have an inline list that is set up as below.

And here is it in full flow.

ezgif-3-27f0778db4ae

I think this approach can simply the calculation @dharmel must do in the Sheets as welll, hope it helps.

1 Like