Great tool to solve the iPhone problem with audio files

As you may or not know, iPhone will only play audio files till the screen locks, this is a huge problem and I’ve been struggling with it a lot, as I have over 200 audio files on my app. So, I finally found a good solution that works and wanted to share with the wonderful Glide community.

The solution is https://audioship.io/. This is a service that allows you to upload batch of audio files and it converts them to video and uploads them to YouTube. It works very well and it’s reasonably priced, and support is very fast and good.

They even let you choose a photo or a cinemagraph or upload your own photo, which makes it even nicer. Their cinemagraphs collection is limited but they promised they will add more before the end of the year.

So far I’ve uploaded almost 100 audio files and they are now on YouTube and that’s what I show on my app. It’s not a perfect solution but it’s the best I found so far and it works!

There’s a limit of 50 audio files/day in order to not get banned by Google, but still, that’s pretty great!

4 Likes

What would be good is that if there was an autoplay feature in glide, then you could hide the video component while the audio plays!

1 Like