Google Analytics is now available

Awesome, thanks for putting this together @JackVaughan. Quick question though and wondering if you can help me track down an answer if you don’t know off hand.

When setting up the data stream, do we need to use the appnamehere.glideapps.io URL or can we also use our custom subdomain? I don’t want to lose any data by using our subdomain, so just want to find out now so I can create another data stream before our launch. Let me know your thoughts. Thx!

The URL should not affect the data collection at all, but you should put whatever app URL your users visit to access your app.

as always well explained Jack!!

2 Likes

OK, I appreciate you clarifying! Thx

Glide team, you guys are too good at this.

1 Like

I had never used the web + app google analytics and I am struggling to understand it. Anyone found good resources to learn it?

I just set up GA for my app like shown in the video. Though in the “Pages & Screens” tab I only see my app name. Did I do something wrong? I guess I should be seeing each particular screens my visitors visit right ?

Excellent @david !!

1 Like

I’m have the same issue/question as @SeFi. The only way for me to see the screen_name parameter is through Realtime > Events Tab…see below. I’m wondering if I missed something when setting up this property? Any advice would be appreciated. Thx

@SeFi @gannonatwork We looked into this, and were surprised to discover that Google watered down the custom reports capability in the new views. Unfortunately, you can’t drill down into screen names through custom reports anymore.

What we’re doing to work around this is setting the HTML page title to contain the relevant screen title. As an example, I have a “Places I’ve Been” app with a “Cities” page, and the analytics events will contain the page title “Places I’ve Been · Cities”. You’ll be able to see this title reflected in the Pages and Screens view. We’ll have this workaround released soon.

2 Likes

@Daniel_Sweet I appreciate you looking into this and figuring out a workaround. If you wouldn’t mind, please ping us on this topic when you’ve got the workaround in place. Thanks!

1 Like

Hey glide team, I was wondering whether a user clicking a Favorite Button (the little heart) triggers some kind of trackable event in Google Analytics? I have a few of those components in my app but not for the purposes of creating a favorites collection but more in the hopes you guys will eventually release the data backing that button and I can see how many people liked a certain thing in the app. But then today I thought perhaps there is a way in Google Analytics to track every time certain favorite buttons are selected. I’m guessing not, but thought I’d ask anyway.

@gannonatwork This should be fixed now.

1 Like

@John_Cabrera We don’t do that, but I suggest you request the feature:

1 Like

Thanks, Mark. I appreciate the quick turnaround on this and you letting us know. Thx!

thanks for pointing this out, I’ve been wondering all day :wink:

Hi @Michelle_Tandler so it is the ‘measurement ID’ correct? As that is the number I used for the tracking ID in the settings of my app…but after testing it (i.e. visiting my app’s URL), it’s not registering…did you have this same problem? Is it actually the Property ID I should be using?

Hi @Michelle_Tandler…seems I didn’t wait long enough for the analytics to sync! All good now…

Thank you @JackVaughan! Got me up and running in a minute thanks to your video.

1 Like

Thanks Jack. This video got me up and running in couple minutes.
Any good source to understand and use Google Analytics?

2 Likes