Glide tables vs Google Tables

My apps use around 25 tables, in one GS, stored as different tabs. Currently, I can create a new version of the app, with a new “test” GS, & develop the app. Once tested, I can then use the “replace” option in the settings/data menu, to link back to the live GS. Hence the app update, all associated testing, etc, all achieved without risking live data.
Once migrated to Glide tables, how do I go about safely testing a new app? The only option I can see involves creating a duplicate app with copy data. But then once done, I can’t see a way of replacing the test data with the live data (in other words, there seems to be no equivalent of the “replace option”, when using Glide tables). Thx.

You’re right, there is no easy way to do this.

The “easiest” way is probably via CSV export/import, table by table.

Another more difficult option would be to automate it via the API, if you have a Business Plan or better. It would be possible (with a bit of work) to setup an automated data backup/restore process.

1 Like

thanks Darren. I’m perplexed then how any Glide developer relying on glide tables properly and safely tests new versions, without causing themselves a huge amount of inconvenience, and risk.

1 Like