🆕 Glide Pages (Beta)

On the first point, I think we should remember that Glide Pages is very new, in fact still in Beta, and the guys at Glide add functionality pretty quickly. Nonetheless, I agree that it’s somewhat limited right now and certainly doesn’t “build out” as nicely as Softr … yet.

On the second point, I totally agree. For a “portal” type scenario they have a very sensible and workable pricing model, but it’s my understanding that Glide are reviewing Pages pricing so I guess we wait to see.

3 Likes

@david referral link rows aren’t supported in Pages anymore?

2 Likes

That’s right.

1 Like

I would say glide page is not bad from many aspect but for the moment is not ready, and a lot of functionalities that we have in app are missing.
of course you cant compare with other services like Wix, but they are in another sector
with glide you can prepare application that are usefull for the corporate likewise for little and middle company, I mean designed for their specific needs, something that you cant do with other software.
I had to come back with my application to Wix (using a normal web page I mean), because indeed to handle the e-shop Glide is not the best you can have, and .page for now I feel is too short.

1 Like

I didn’t compare Pages with other services like Wix.

Is there any reason?

Yep, the referral program was for apps, not for pages. And people have abused it a lot.

1 Like

@david is there a plan to increase row limits in pages other than glide apps?

1 Like

@david curious if the team is investigating the ability to switch mobile apps to glide pages? I’m working on an app for classrooms and have built a lot of cool calculations based on Google Sheets. The obvious workaround is to rebuild columns in the Glide Pages app - but would definitely be more efficient to duplicate the work (at minimum the columns created) already done in the mobile version

3 Likes

Hey guys I think I found a bug. It has to do with an Image Lookup from another Glide Table. Using a Profile Title component.

It shows in the designer, but after publishing it doesn’t show up at all.

Where is the image hosted? ie. was it uploaded to Glide, or is it hosted external to Glide?

Uploaded.

“Open link in web view” seems to be missing!?

1 Like

@david – first off, nicely done on Glide Pages. Cannot wait to see how you guys progress with this.

Two questions.

1. Will Glide Pages be indexable in search engines? Would be unbelievable to have this built on a sub domain of a Wordpress site for things like analytics / etc.

2. I have a Glide mobile app with 8k mobile users. Started to re-build it in the new Pages but when I went to check out it says $2 for each additional user over 20.

^am I understanding that correctly?

I have no problem paying on top for a separate desktop version of my app and rebuilding it will be a good refresher on my Glide skills, just want to make sure my monthly bill isn’t $16k each month. :innocent:

Love watching the company grow!

1 Like

Now that it’s out of beta, how frequently can we expect updates and new features to be released? Is Pages quickly going to reach component and feature parity with Apps, or is that going to be a slow process?

hi, the link is not working anymore/ wanted to show this to customer interested in pages and found out it’s broken