"glide app refused to connect" message

Hello! Our app.lanesboro.com is closing to it’s 1yr anniversary (FYI) – earlier this season, I have configured a kiosk mode with touch-screen desktop for visitors to use – the url is kiosk.lanesboro.com and it’s setup via google sites – for some still unknown reason, the area where you’d see the iframe with the app, now shows the message: “app.lanesboro.com refused to connect.” no further details – I’m reaching out to you (and simultaneously to google) to get any clues on what happened and how to resolve this - thank you!!

Are you attempting to embed the app in an iframe?

Did something change with the main website host that doesn’t allow the iframe?

PS. Where is the kiosk located. Next time I’m down that way, I might have to check it out.

Embedding Glide apps in iframes is not allowed due to security precautions (this prevents people from embedding your app in an iframe and ‘snooping’ on users).

We recently improved some security settings around iframe embedding. If you were relying on iframes to share your Glide app, please find another way to share your app.

@AZJR If you purchased Glide and you need iframe support, the best we can offer you is a refund—like I said, we cannot allow iframes at this point due to the security risks posed by them. If this affects you, please contact support.

2 Likes

Hi Jeff (and Jason :slight_smile: ) – below I attached the screenshot of how the app was connected (embedded) into google site – I’ve opted for the ‘whole page’ which initially showed beautifully the app page – the message in red seems new and I’m waiting in line for Google comment

1 Like

Hi David - thanks and it absolutely makes sense: it was actually cool to display the app next to other embedded content (facebook feed, etc.) in our kiosk mode desktop - I can work around it – thanks again for making such a great tool! :clap: :clap: :pray:

3 Likes

Just watched a story on the local morning show about the phone booth in Lanseboro. Didn’t see a kiosk though. :wink:

And i was so happy that embedding was finally possible… that sucks!
It is possible to make settings which website can embed the App? That will fix the problem

1 Like

Hi how you fix it ?

Embedding was a security hole that was fixed. “Fixing it” means breaking the security, which would put your users at risk.

How it’s possible ? Can you explain please

Embedding Glide apps in iframes is not allowed due to security precautions (this prevents people from embedding your app in an iframe and ‘snooping’ on users).

See David’s reply.

Now I understand why the beautiful Dorik template of @F_rank stopped working. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Thanks @Ric_1 , that explains why it doesn’t work anymore