It was a test done by the Glide team.
Cool. Congratulations @eltintero!
FYI the icon text was clipped at the bottom for about a minute while I was browsing and then randomly reset to normal.
(iphone xs max)
What are the benefits we are looking to find behind this step? @Mark
@Yasin_Hassanien Behind what step?
We’re ready for the next step: we need one or two volunteers who’d like to publish an app under their own App Store/Google Play accounts.
- You must have App Store and Google Play developer accounts
- The app should be public, and of somewhat broad interest
- It can’t be health-related (no COVID apps)
- You must read and ensure your app follows these guidelines
- We can’t promise it’ll be accepted
- We might break your app at some point in the future, though we’d try not to
- The app won’t update if you change it in the builder, i.e. it has to be ready now. Data will update.
- There’s no functionality (yet) on top of what Glide apps have now
- No payments or commercial apps yet
If you have an app that you’d like to publish and it meets all those criteria, please get in touch with me, ideally via PM.
Sent you a DM
Hey folks -
Super excited to share that our glide app has also been published to the app store! We’ve built a fee-free platform that shows all of the Black-owned restaurants located in the LA Metropolitan area and gives you direct links to their own websites, Postmates, DoorDash, etc. to order and support those owners. Huge thank you to Mark and the team for their support in helping this reach the app store - please share with all of your LA-based friends looking to support! https://apps.apple.com/us/app/id1522667764
That’s awesome!! Just downloaded it . Looks slick.
Couple questions -
- How did you publish to App Store ? Can you elaborate on the process ?
- Why didn’t you add a simpler way for users to submit new restaurant recommendations by building a form inside the app?
This is how they are publishing.
That was for Jesus’s app - just excited how multiple apps from the glide community are getting published to the app store!
I think they are testing a few user’s apps at this time
The cdmx government got involved with comeCDMX and over complicated everything.
I would wait until Glide officially supports App Store publishing. The whole point of this thread is that they are testing it one on one with select users at this time. You may be running into your issues because you are just wrapping a web app as opposed to Glide publishing a native app. Unfortunately, I don’t think you’ll get a lot of support from Glide when trying to add functionality that’s not officially supported.
Publishing a Glide app to app stores is a very complex feature that we are building right now, with a dedicated engineering team. It will not work if you do it yourself—please do not ask us for help doing this on your own, it is completely unsupported.
Thanks so much David for your response. I am a huge advocate of Glide and the product in general. Looking forward to the pathway set forth from the Glide team to create true native apps. Any time frame as to when we should expect this from the Glide team?
Excellent! Thank you again your feedback. While I have your attention, when app store publishing is available in the Fall through Glide, will there still be a 25k row limitation?
Hey great app, just downloaded it and checking it out. so far everything is working great on it!!!