Geolocalisation

@Robert_Petitto Careful. Now I know where you live.

2 Likes

Meh…it’s public info. Come and visit once COVID-19 is curbed and we’ll throw one back :beers:

3 Likes

Seems to be real time. Gonna make four of my app concepts a reality!!!

3 Likes

Hehe, might have to. Might have to drive down to Florida to get my girlfriends parents. Too high risk for them with air travel.

2 Likes

We’re sorry… :cry:

Now I’m trying to join the team.

imageedit_3_2789218934

3 Likes

Gotta wonder too (I haven’t tested), when toggled off, does the cell go empty or does it just stop updating. Would be nice if there was some sort of indicator to the admin to know when it’s on so as to act as a boolean for visibility of other items (if location off, then disable button, for example).

2 Likes

:grin:

1 Like

It’s beautiful @ThinhDinh. Just beautiful!

1 Like

Looks like it wipes it out when turned off. I suppose it’s different if obtained in a form.

4 Likes

This is PER-FECT!!!

4 Likes

Staging yet?

Interesting to understand use case for this feature

Hey happy birthday Lucas!

1 Like

Oh thanks man! :tada: @ThinhDinh

3 Likes

HBD @Lucas_Pires

1 Like

When is using users location going to be officially released

I have several app concepts that require users to submit their current location for other users to see (think vendors, find my friends, etc.). MANY possibilities.

2 Likes

Yup I’ve got a couple apps that can make good use of this very quickly ---- one is a lone worker check-in app that has employees submit their location to their manager when working off-site. Currently, employees type in their location each time, but this helps to automate the process and makes the data more precise and reliable with no reliance on the employee typing in the correct address.

2 Likes

Does this update constantly for get current location? Like tracking the user location?

That location information won’t be updated in the Sheet. The only flexible location information is in the distance column.