Formula error while adding row

Good day.
Has anyone encountered such an error?

The cell contains a formula for splitting the value into different columns.
When you add a string via “Add row”, some hidden values are written to the string that prevent the formula from being executed. They are not visible. But if you select this cell and delete the value, then the error disappears.
When adding a line through the “Open form”, everything works correctly.
Formula: =ARRAYFORMULA(IFERROR(SPLIT(A2:A, “,”),""))

Снимок экрана 2021-01-04 в 23.46.36 Снимок экрана 2021-01-04 в 23.47.18

I assume you’re only using add row to add to column A, is that correct?

Your formula seems to say you’re writing to column B (in cell B4), which should not happen.

As you can see in the picture, I only write data to the Value column. But, apparently, Glide writes something else to other columns, which interferes with the execution of the formula.
The error shows the presence of values in columns One and Two, although I do not write anything there and no values are visible in them.
Error text: “Array is not printed because it will overwrite data in range B7” (C7).
After manually clearing the values in B7 and C7 (although outwardly they are empty), the formula starts to work

Снимок экрана 2021-01-05 в 12.28.18 Снимок экрана 2021-01-05 в 12.30.44 Снимок экрана 2021-01-05 в 12.31.02

Seems like this is a bug I encoutered a while ago as well, I think you can email Glide’s support for this. It was starting to happen after they introduced the custom value for compound actions.

Thank you.
Yes, I already wrote.
Interestingly, the exact same formula and add row in another application works correctly

1 Like

Did you manage to fix the error?

I haven’t touched that app in a while but seems like from your post the error is still there. I ended up using a script to clear the column whenever there’s a new row so the arrayformula can run.