Forms Actions?

For the submit button at the end of a form, do I need to set up an action to write the data from the form to the correct Glide table? Or does that already happen by default by me using the form container and form components and choosing the correct column for the data to write to?

I also want to have an email confirmation be sent to people once they complete and submit their form, and I want the email to include all of the data that they submitted on the form in the body of the email. It looks like I’m only able to select one column of data to be included in the body of the email, but I have a whole bunch of data that I’m collecting on the form, and I want the person to get an email that confirms all of the answers that they submitted on their form.

Hopefully my questions make sense!

It happens automatically.

You could use a template column to prepare your email body and send it with the onSubmit action. It might be advisable to include a short wait action before the send email, to allow time for the row to be created and the template to form.

1 Like

Thanks! I actually figured out the template column right after I submitted this question, but I do have a follow-up question.

1. Is there a way to format the text in the template, ie something like this where the header is bolded, and then the merged text is not?
    Speaker Name: Megan Bishop.

2. I set up filters on the form so that certain elements will be hidden, depending on what the user chooses, so some of the form fields will be empty. Is there a way to set up the template so that it doesn’t look like a bunch of stuff is accidentally blank?, ie
    Speaker Name:: Megan Bishop
    Speaker #2 Name

So if there is no speaker #2 in this example, can I have the form header just not show up at all rather than having a blank space next to it?

If you mark it up using HTML tags, that generally works pretty well with email. Use an online validator to make sure it’s properly structured.

Possible, but fiddly. Essentially you’ll need a separate template column for each affected value, that joins both the label and the value. And then use an if-then-else column for each that returns empty if the value is missing. And then finally feed all the if-then-else columns into the email template.

1 Like