Form with many fields

Hi guys,

I have the following problem. I should create a form with answers that must be rated from 1 to 5. Each entry is part of a category.
For example:

Category: category 1

Question 1: rate 1 to 5

Question 2: rate 1 to 5

Category: category 2

Question 1: rate 1 to 5

Question 2: rate 1 to 5

Values from 1 to 5 will be entered via a dropdwon that takes them from a separate sheet.
The final result completes a row inside a results sheet (could it be a JSON of the answers?).
What do you think is the best method to avoid creating too many columns of all the answers in one sheet?

What would you do with the answers afterwards? Do you display them or will you use those values in further calculations?

Would users always have to answer every question?

Hi @ThinhDinh !

I would like to have a json of answers possibly, so that I can then externally create a pdf.

Yes, users have to answer all the questions!

@ThinhDinh have you tried to think of a possible solution?

Maybe @Jeff_Hager could you help us with some workaround?

I just don’t know how to do it :smiling_face_with_tear:

I think you can just store each answer as a column, then use a JSON column to convert it to a JSON object.

There might be alternatives, but if you want users to answer multiple questions then I think it’s straightforward to have to create columns to store them.

2 Likes

Check out the below from @grumo.
The generated forms are stored as a JSON object, as are the the collected responses.
If you want to learn how to do it using JSON, get yourself a copy of the below template and study it.

2 Likes

Thank you guys, so, at this point I think that I’ll create columns for every questions!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.