Force a new screen to show components for the sheet I need?

Question: how can I force a new screen to show info from the table that I need?

Sometimes when I am linking to a new sheet I can’t get it to show the info from the table I need. For instance; I am creating a task for a user but when I try to add components to the screen it will show the user fields rather than the tasks fields. How do I force it to show components for the tasks sheet (in this instance)?

Sorry if this is a super simple solution but I can’t seem to get it to do what I need.

Thanks for any help.

Welcome! It sounds like you need to change the Source for your tab.

You would think it was that easy, but I already knew to do that and that doesn’t seem to be the problem. But I think that can only be done when you are creating a new tab whereas I am creating a new screen using a button. I don’t know if there is something I can add into a custom action to force it to see the correct sheet or what.

So again, to clarify, this is for a new screen from a button, not a new tab and it doesn’t seem to have a way to identify the sheet I need to use for the components.

The Show New Screen action should also allow you to select the source Sheet/Table. Set it on the button action. Not when you are already in the screen.

1 Like

How do I do that? I was trying to figure that out.

Select your button component and it should be right below the action once you select Show New Screen as the action on the button.

1 Like

Ok, I’ll give that a go. Thanks, Jeff.