First column in Data Editor is now static!

Just noticed that the first column in the data editor (along with the row number) is now static! This makes it much easier to see what row you’re trying to reference when working with a lot of columns. My only feedback is that it would be great if you could set a specific column as the frozen column, but I guess it can always just get dragged to the first position.

Highlighting a row also stays highlighted as you move across now! Awesome!

5 Likes

Also just noticed that column groups are displayed above the header and you can click on them to collapse or expand.

3 Likes

mmm, looks a bit buggy though. I see duplicate column groups in my apps.

Awesome feature though. Will be great once the kinks are ironed out.

Edit: Here’s a short video. @SantiagoPerez asked me to post this.

3 Likes

Any chance there’s a space before the slash in one of those (making them not identical)? Has happened to me before, so just checking in case it’s the same!

Zero chance. I never use spaces in my column group names. Ever.

3 Likes

Column groups are sparse at least for now. The headers dont force them all to be together :wink:

But the columns being duplicated across multiple groups is a bug, surely?

It’s not being duplicated, its just when you click to “expand” a group the scrolling doesn’t auto-adjust like you’re expecting which would be an obviously great feature to add and I will do so. Basically you are scrolled 0 pixels to the right and when you expand a group you are still scrolled 0 pixels so it just pushed the items you are clicking to expand off the right edge. Woopsie daisy.

2 Likes

okay, I get it…

1 Like

Now with “Add column right” it’ll be quicker and easier to keep column groups tidy.

1 Like

@Jason No biggy but just fyi

1 Like

I saw this yesterday. When I added a rowID column to my sheet the grouping is fixed.

1 Like

For the time being this is intentionally because when the 1st column is fixed as you speculated and once your scroll horizontally this distinction because mandatory.

2 Likes